Something I noticed in the famous "1975" Watchtower article...

by B_Deserter 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Curse you watchtower charlatans I curse you to your God Jehovah and call down evil on you,Amen.

You da man, Danny-Nanny, you da man. Just how long do they think they can keep up the charade?

I was baptized in 1974 and had no idea they had prophesied to such an extent. They are deceivers and to paraphrase Mary Magdalene's words at John 20:2: They have taken our Lord away and won't say where they have laid Him.

Snowbird

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end.

I would like to know what the WT time table is when they say "the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end." It is now 32 years on and no end of the system yet.

I was there and my parents were one of the unfortunate ones that sold their house in 1974 for far less of the price they would have got if they hung on another 20+ years. Even though my father was still a 50 year old man and still had another 15 years before retirement he believe the system was coming shortly. Now my parents are in their 80's and could have used that money for their retirement. The funny thing is he sold it to a good JW elder, who kept it a few years then he sold it and doubled his money. The big f***ing hypocrite.

Will

• Robert222
    Robert222

My parents were baptized in 1973 ready to walk into the new system in 1975. I heard since that the rank and file were simply being tested. If you left the truth based on this LIE, you failed the test.

Well I always thought then lets test the Brooklyn bethelites and annointed. Hey, how about you have to WORK for a living? How much time will they spend in the ministry if they have to wash windows, do laundry, cook their own food?

Hey, how about testing the pioneers? How about telling then counting hours was not bible based after all? All your hours in field service meant nothing to your everlasting life and working out your own salvation? We will test your faith by not counting anymore hours that you walk door to door. How many would still do it??

How about stop testing us poor people out here, earning a living, depending upon the scholars at bethel to guide our lives, we look to them for guidance and they failed miserably.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How many Real Christians,will tell you to ignore the words of Jesus written in the BIBLE???.......The WBT$ has in effect told it`s Cult the Jehovah`s Witness`s,"Not to listen to Jesus`s words in the Bible!"..???...The WBT$ attitude is:"Why would Jesus know anything about Christianity?..LOL!!.....Isn`t speaking out against Christ,Anti-Christ?.....The WBT$ in it`s own words proves it is a Non-Christian organization.....Even Worse..The WBT$ proves itself to be an "Anti-Christ Organization",by thier own words,in thier own literature...OUTLAW

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers.

This always amazes me.

They like to say that "Jah has always had an organisation".

And in the past, the organisation was inspired, but the current one, the one that is suppose to carry us through the big A, is not inspired.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    It's one of the premier bait-and-switch scams in the history of the world.

I've got to disagree with that. We personally lost so much that many times we forget what a marginalized nothing group the JW's are. In the 70's there was what MAYBE 3 million of them worldwide? Now 32 years later they barely have 6.5?

They are such a vicious group and they take everything from their members and their families, it's easy to forget that they are already a footnote. In 20 more years they won't even be that...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    "This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that “concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.”

IOW, the words of Jesus, quoted in the Bible, are a pesky hindrance to the agenda of the WTS. In other words, "when we say its all over in 1975, don't be showing us this nonsense spouted by Jesus that "nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, etc." Apparently the WTS knows more than the angels and even more than Jesus. How did JWs miss this monstrous, demented, presumptuous pronouncement, laid out in black and white in their own publication?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that “concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the “day and hour”!" - The Watchtower, "Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?", August 15, 1968

If there is nothing else to seal the doom of the WTS, the above words would be enough. It's as if they are challenging Jesus! How in the world did one person (Fred Franz) claim such authority? It's no wonder they are going to begin publishing an in-house edition of the Watchtower. However, it's a case of repairing the dyke after the flood. The damage has already been done.

Snowbird

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

THIS is why I love coming here!!

You all are great at picking them apart. Keep it coming.

NotaNess

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit