Something I noticed in the famous "1975" Watchtower article...

by B_Deserter 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've got to add one more thing. The way the Society is jerking people around, I wouldn't be surprised if the rank and file don't do a "Bastille Day" on them.

Can't you just see a disgruntled group storming the Tower, kicking butts and taking names?

Snowbird

• heretic
    heretic
    seeing that it was not the word of God that failed or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his own understanding was based on wrong premises.

noone said it was the 'word of god that failed' it was YOU the GB. arrrgh!

coming across as defending the bible and god, the bible doesnt say 75, YOU do.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Awake! 1993 3/22 p. 4
    Why So Many False Alarms?

Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.' Never did they say, 'These are the words of Jehovah.' The Watchtower, the official journal of Jehovah's Witnesses, has said: "We have not the gift of prophecy." (January 1883, page 425) "Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible." (December 15, 1896, page 306) The Watchtower has also said that the fact that some have Jehovah's spirit "does not mean those now serving as Jehovah's witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine The Watchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes." (May 15, 1947, page 157) "The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic." (August 15, 1950, page 263) "The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)"?The Watchtower, February 15, 1981, page 19.

• ninja
    ninja

hey Gary...they claim they never said..."these are the words of Jehovah"....yet in this 1984 watchtower it says *** w84 5/15 pp. 6-7 1914—The Generation That Will Not Pass Away *** Jehovah’s prophetic word through Christ Jesus is: “This generation [of 1914] will by no means pass away until all things occur.” (Luke 21:32)

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

My parents were actually baptized in 1975 - i've never asked them but i can only assume they were caught up into somebody reasoning with them that it was just around the corner. Since i was only about 3 at the time i'm not really familiar with what was actually being said. But the just around the corner mentality has never faded. i remember secretly wishing that it would hold off for a few years so i could experience graduation from high school, and then wishing it would hold off a few more till i got married. after that, i didn't care - it could come, i was ready

• emptywords
    emptywords

You mean this...

Just as Jesus’ prophecies regarding Jerusalem were fulfilled within the life span of the generation of the year 33 C.E., so his prophecies regarding "the time of the end" will be fulfilled within the life span of the generation of 1914. (Daniel 12:4) This means that marvelous prospects lie before not only that generation but all those living today. Why? Because Jesus also said regarding the significant events affecting that generation: "When you see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near."—Luke 21:28, 31.

The nearness of God’s Kingdom today spells the end of the present divisive political, religious and commercial systems. It means the ushering in of a righteous new government for all obedient mankind. You can choose everlasting life under this arrangement of "new heavens and a new earth." (2 Peter 3:13; John 17:3) Yes, you may live to see this promised New Order, along with survivors of the generation of 1914—the generation that will not pass away.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I was a fairly new "study" sitting in the KH in about February or March 1975 and the elder on the platform was winding up his "public talk" by extolling the wonders that awaited us in "the new order." He paused for effect, then said, "And brothers! Just think! We will be that new order of things in just... (extends arm, looks at watch)...X months and X minutes!" (He used real numbers but I can't remember what they were.)

The countdown had begun!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I was THERE 11 years of age Montreal Canada in 1967 sitting outside on the grass getting bitten by a few ants when a hush came over the crowd as the speaker elaborated on the 1975 date as the 'possibility' of it being 6000 years post Adam's creation in the year 4026 BC and consequently the start date of Christ 1000 year rein. The date came with it's (red) book release sold by the tens of millions. 99% of ALL Jehovah's Witnesses from that moment foreward lived & died for 1975. It was like Paul Revere's ride to the American revolution.
    Anyone who denies it is a liar just like the holocaust deniers of today. The shot heard around the watchtower world was 1975 Staying Alive Until 1975" My Story of Growing Up JW with Severe Ulcerative Colitis http://www.dannyhaszard.com/colitis.htm Witness of the Watchtower Holocaust The end Armageddon was expected to come on or about the month of October 1975 as the watchtower prophets say big Bible events occur in October. 99% of Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide were holding their breath.When nothing happened the Watchtower urban legend rumor mill damage control went into high output and spun an addendum on "how long did it take for Adam to name the animals"?? For several years later we had to endure flak and eat crow door to door because EVERYBODY KNEW ABOUT 1975. The first assembly after the 'big' event the speaker (from Bethel no less) gets up to speak and bellows out jokingly; "ARMAGEDDON AIN'T A COMING SO I'M A GETTING OUTTA HERE" that relieved the tension that had built up. See,Danny Haszard was there 1975 was EVERYTHING to EVERY JW http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/132672/1.ashx NEW ARRANGEMENT circa 1970 on all bible studies now limited to maximum time of 6 months bee baptized in 6 months or bee gone study had to be dropped to move on for those who would need to be saved before 75 This was a blow to our many pioneers in the Bridgewater Massachusetts Kingdom Hall as many depended on their 'old faithful' longtime studies to get their hours in.Territory maps were had to come by as they were being rationed out on account of some being done every two weeks. The Vietnam war was raging many brothers were doing time in prison I would be 18 in 1975 and would not have to worry about the draft,wonder if I would finish out High school senior year.Parents expect me to drop out at legal age of 16 to go pioneering myself. Ahhhh it will all be over in 5 years! My grandfather Roger Haszard was watchtower cult recruited in 1951 resulting in the large extended Haszard clan of Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses. My Grandad & grandma slaved all his life special pioneer,Elder PO Beverly Massachusetts,Bay Pines Florida Cong .In 1974 gave his retirement fund to the Watchtower World Wide work,expecting the fulfillment of 1975. In 1986 we all get a family conference call on need for us all to pitch in time and money for their old age care (he gave it all the the blood sucking watchtower) as he is getting dementia and helpless. In 1993 he dies in his diapers.Curse you watchtower charlatans I curse you to your God Jehovah and call down evil on you,Amen.

• Marcel
    Marcel

(John 8:44) 44 YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie].

its incredible how this and other scriptures fit to the jws... who doesnt respect life and indirectly slays men with a completely misinterpreted and blasphemic blood policy? Who do not speak truth in any time? Who lies over and over again? Who speaks for his own disposition? its so easy to spot...

(Matthew 24:23-28) 23 "Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU. 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it. 27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
  • sf
    sf

The biggest idiots however are the people who continue to follow them!

Ditto!

The even bigger "choice idiots" are the ones who actually RETURN and pretend to follow them. As if they are somehow 'heros' in family value. Nevermind that by returning, it keeps the death machine running for everyone else trapped inside.

BRAVO! You idiots.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit