Dr. Who question for British posters

by Insomniac 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• Gill
    Gill

Caedes and Calico Ethel - That was very funny! My eight year old daughter is a big Dr Who fan! What amazes me is she never flinches at any of the monsters and can't wait to see the rerun of the saturday episode on Sunday!

'The Weeping Angels' had me scared to bits but she relished it!

I always worried about letting children watch anything a little scary...(I'm not talking horror movies here.....I would never let her watch anything like that) but, those perilous stories such as in Dr Who and Harry Potter, where you know that in the end good always wins over evil are great fun for children.

I hope your bruises improve soon, Caedes! AS for you Calico Ethel , if you read my previous post on this you'll know I was frightened to death hanging the washing out that night, so you're not the only one!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

AlphaOmega- Thanks for the definition. I love that you even provided the etymology! :)

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Me and my daughter were screaming at the TV on Saturday. For you poor benighted souls outside of the UK (or places like NL where you get BBC) who don't DL the episodes (they hit bitstream bare hours after transmision), this series is absolutely corking. New standards of storyline. Pacey,suspensfull, edge-of-the-seat cliffhangers, with enough running down corridors and Welsh Slate quarries to keep the traditionalists happy.

The angels was fab, and this weeks cliffhanger (I won't spoil it for you, but let's just say those old enough to remember certain arch rivals in the Old Dr Whohave been betting on a certain Nemesis re-emerging since the Face of Bo said that.

• Mr Hyde
    Mr Hyde

insomniac wrote:

Now, don't tell me any more about the current season, as we're one season behind you, here in the States. The last episode we got to see on t.v. was right after the Doctor was able to speak to Rose one last time, and then the bride appeared in his TARDIS. Can't wait to see this new season; I think we'll get it in another month or so.

The bride episode was our Xmas Special. Theres a scene at the end that was filmed at the end of my street in Chiswick, The Dr goes dubby and refuses Christmas Dinner "oh no I don't do things like that..." Then hes asked about rose and cracks up crying b4 shooting off.

I watched that Episoded Christmas Day all alone in my house, having told the only person I've ever really loved to go away, stay away and leave me alone for ever two days earlier. It had me blubbing my eyes out.

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

Oh my Gill...we have lots in common. I kept telling my husband I wouldn't look at statues the same ever again.....and I'm sure I won't. I'm glad I wasn't the only scared one then. It's funny how little kids can sometimes not be frightened of something us adults would.

The even funnier bit of that evening was my dear husband trying to scare me more, until I threatened him that I would keep him up as long as I'm awake. And now every night we play jokes on each other blinking until the other one makes a scary face and comes closer to the other...too funny!!!1

Dr. Who is a great show though. I think this is the first one I've watched all the way through, the older ones, I just caught episodes every now and then. But Mr. Caedes and I don't miss an episode now.

OOPS! Just realized I put this in the wrong spot in the thread, it should be after my first post and Gill's last post, but I don't know how to move it without deleting and starting over....oh well! you get the gist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit