Watchtower evidence that Beth Sarim WAS for the Return..anyone?, thanks!

by NotaNess 19 Replies latest jw friends

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Hi, has there been any past topics or postings of this material in the WTS materials? If so, where and if not, can your direct me or post something...thanks!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

These pages are from the 1939 "Salvation" Book...

These should help.

alt

alt

alt

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Check out http://jwfacts.com/index_files/bethsarim.htm as it also shows some of the wording in the deed.

• blondie
    blondie

2006 WT CD Quotes:

*** w92 3/1 p. 27 Pursuing a Goal Set at Six Years of Age ***Often we preached near Beth-Sarim, which was where the ailing president of the Watch Tower Society, Brother Rutherford, had spent the winters before his death in 1942. We visited regularly and had dinner with the full-time servants there. Such happy visits made me decide that this was truly the kind of life I wanted. I then made Gilead School and missionary service my goal in life.

*** w55 11/1 p. 655 Pursuing My Purpose in Life ***While preparing the evening meal in the cafeteria I was called to answer a long-distance telephone call offering me the privilege of helping to nurse Brother Rutherford, then very ill in a hospital in Elkhart, Indiana. Shocked by news of his illness, overwhelmed by tremendous responsibility I would be expected to shoulder, my first reaction was to refuse; but, ever fearful of refusing an assignment for fear another would not be given, I prayerfully accepted. At once I left the assembly headquarters and made the necessary preparations for my new duties, upon which I entered thirty-six hours later when I entered the sick room of our stricken brother. A week later I was privileged to accompany Brother Rutherford and his party to California, where we lived in Beth-Sarim, the "House of the Princes," for the next eight weeks until his death January 8, 1942. Had I not been a pioneer that unusual and precious service would not have been mine, as all his associates and helpers were from ranks of full-time workers.

*** jv chap. 7 p. 76 Advertise the King and the Kingdom! (1919-1941) ***

"House of the Princes"Brother Rutherford had a severe case of pneumonia after his release from unjust imprisonment in 1919. Thereafter, he had only one good lung. In the 1920’s, under a doctor’s treatment, he went to San Diego, California, and the doctor urged him to spend as much time as possible there. From 1929 on, Brother Rutherford spent the winters working at a San Diego residence he had named Beth-Sarim. Beth-Sarim was built with funds that were a direct contribution for that purpose. The deed, which was published in full in "The Golden Age" of March 19, 1930, conveyed this property to J. F. Rutherford and thereafter to the Watch Tower Society.

Concerning Beth-Sarim, the book "Salvation," published in 1939, explains: "The Hebrew words ‘Beth Sarim’ mean ‘House of the Princes’; and the purpose of acquiring that property and building the house was that there might be some tangible proof that there are those on earth today who fully believe God and Christ Jesus and in His kingdom, and who believe that the faithful men of old will soon be resurrected by the Lord, be back on earth, and take charge of the visible affairs of earth."

A few years after Brother Rutherford’s death, the board of directors of the Watch Tower Society decided to sell Beth-Sarim. Why? "The Watchtower" of December 15, 1947, explained: "It had fully served its purpose and was now only serving as a monument quite expensive to keep; our faith in the return of the men of old time whom the King Christ Jesus will make princes in ALL the earth (not merely in California) is based, not upon that house Beth-Sarim, but upon God’s Word of promise."

[Footnote]

At the time, it was believed that faithful men of old times, such as Abraham, Joseph, and David, would be resurrected before the end of this system of things and would serve as "princes in all the earth," in fulfillment of Psalm 45:16. This view was adjusted in 1950, when further study of the Scriptures indicated that those earthly forefathers of Jesus Christ would be resurrected after Armageddon.—See "The Watchtower," November 1, 1950, pages 414-17.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

AlphaOmega: Those are obviously elaborate Apostate forgeries! You should be ashamed of yourself!

• VM44
    VM44

"The deed, which was published in full in "The Golden Age" of March 19, 1930, conveyed this property to J. F. Rutherford..."

Did Rutherford ever pay any taxes on Beth Sarim? After all, it was conveyed to him for his own personal use! Hence not only property taxes, but personal income taxes should have been levied on Rutherford!

--VM44

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega: Those are obviously elaborate Apostate forgeries! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Not technically. You see, I went back in time. I went to the1930s in America. I bought a printing press EXACTLY like the Watchtowers one. I printed off this book and buried them in a time capsule. The I came back to 2007. Once home, I dug up the capsule, took out the books and delivered them to second-hand bookshops throughout the world - with the express intention of deception! Oh yes... and it was me who is responsible for planting dinousaur bones to lend credance to evolution. On a slightly more serious not, I have the scan of the entire book. I can upload that if anyone likes - I think it's old enough to be public domain now.

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

Dude.....you got a time machine?.........I wanna ride..back to the day my friggin' parents thought it would be a great idea to go to the meetings.........so I could run like hell.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Public domain laws for Alpha-Omega

http://www.copyright.cornell.edu/training/Hirtle_Public_Domain.htm

I don't know enough about this particular publication to say one way or the other but this page should let you know if it's public domain or not. ^_^

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I believe Beth Sarim is also mentioned in the 1975 Yearbook of JW's, which details the history of the organization. It is rather one-sided, but surprisingly, even includes information about Miracle Wheat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit