How Would You Approach a JW "studying" in Public Transportation?

by GermanXJW 31 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If you really feel the need to converse with them, you could ask them which version they're reading, the original or the revised one with the 70 plus changes in it.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

It seems the majority would leave them alone. Something inside me urges me to say something.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

German : step up and talk to the man. you have nothing to lose. I do it to jw's all the time. your wts knowledge will make this jw feel stupid . trust me

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I would have just voted for a running dive tackle/bodyslam. Then just get up brush yourself off and walk away like nothing happened!

• eclipse
    eclipse
    I would have just voted for a running dive tackle/bodyslam. Then just get up brush yourself off and walk away like nothing happened!

LMAO! hilarious! I would do what the other posters say about starting a convo...he will be caught unaware that you are a ex-JW. Just say you have friends that are, and ask questions that he wont know how to answer....there are quite a few recent posts that list some topics, sorry I can't recall them! what good am i?

you have nothing to lose. I do it to jw's all the time. your wts knowledge will make this jw feel stupid . trust me

LOL. You could do it, heck, it would make the train ride more interesting...

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I think they would be happy if you interupted them with any discussion about anything BUT religion - like science - for instance. Maybe you could give them a much-needed break from their dreary reading material, without even noticing that they're studying crap. Just help them replace the crap for a moment of their day with something mind-enhancing without any confrontation whatsoever. If they bring up religion, then you have your opening; otherwise, just distract them with something exciting or interesting about the real world.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    Something inside me urges me to say something.

I totally get this. I wonder if it's a holdover from all those years of feeling like we were special and unique. Like if I was still a JW and I saw a stranger in public with WTS literature, I would definitely want to approach my "brother" and find out what cong he attended, etc. But now that I'm out, I think I'd definitely try to start a conversation. My favorite thing to say to explain why I know so much about their religion is "I was married to a JW." They never think to ask if you were one yourself.

Keyser SozeFeeling a little jealous right now that I didn't think to take that moniker when I signed up. Maybe I'll change mine to Kobayashi (sp?).

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

"Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice that you were reading Watchtower literature. Would you mind terribly if I persecuted you? That way, you can go back bragging to your brothers and sisters and feel all smug, noble and self-righteous!"

• erandir
    erandir
    "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice that you were reading Watchtower literature. Would you mind terribly if I persecuted you? That way, you can go back bragging to your brothers and sisters and feel all smug, noble and self-righteous!"

LOL...what fun that would be to actually try that out. A witness studying in public like that sounds too much like the Pharisees who would pray in public so others could see how holy they were. They deserve whatever negativity they might get, imo.

Slightly off-topic reply:

I raised the question to my wife what she thought about the 70 plus revisions to the book, and she basically glossed over the issue. It's sad sometimes when things like this happen, but I still hold out hope that she'll see the real truth and leave the organization.

Sometimes I feel like Darth Vader must have felt when he was offering Luke to join him and rule the galaxy as father and son...Luke was so brainwashed. And then he went and jumped off that ledge...what a bummer for Vader. The dark side is way more fun.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The train I use locally has a conductor who is a JW and who "witnesses" on the job. I posted on this a few months ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit