Favorite Activity Since Leaving The Borg

by tyydyy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Wow! Someone else plays flag football. Collecting meteorites? It's amazing the things we come up with when we finally open our minds. I hope everyone looks back on their time as a witness and learns the value of freedom because we have seen a contrast that most in our country don't get to see. I felt the urge here to say exercise your freedom by doing something you couldn't but I can't do that. What I can say is "Enjoy your freedom even if that means that you are free to do nothing at all."

Tim B

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Mommy I agree on the thought about watching your kids bloom. I went to a football game once with my nonjw sister to watch her allstar son play in his final highschool football games. She said something to the affect that she couldnt wait for my son to play too. I said "Oh no...my son wont play in school athletics...the association is bad."

She shot around in her seat and said.."Are you saying MY SON is not good association for YOUR KIDS?" And the absolute horror on her face sent me reeling! I eventually did DA but those words hung with me for a long long time. I watch him now in baseball, basketball and going to the skating rink at 13 and coming home with new phone numbers every week of chicks he picked up...and the phone ringing off the hook with those girls and his pack of friends calling...and I love it. :) My little girl is becoming a popular beauty too, on the school newspaper, in Peer Mediation and getting top grades. My little guy is in Coach Pitch and wears that uniform like he was Sammy Sosa out there. We do the holidays together and birthdays now...and its like watching them come back from a life threatening illness to glowing health. We have to do all this without my husband tho ...who hypocritically clings to his choice of religion only where holidays and such are concerned, yet goes to no meetings. But I think secretly he is happy that I am doing all that for them.

I love having NOTHING TO DO but what I WANT to do on Tues and Thursdays and Weds and Sat mornings and SUNDAYS. nyah nyah nyah nyah nyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

Dana,
    Your initial reply to this thread, your awnser goes hand in hand with mine. All puns intended hehehe.

Ciao,
    Anton

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Loves, honey, aren't kids a pleasure when you take the guilt and fear factors out of parenting?

Your kids sound like wonderful people, I know you're poppin' proud of them! Enjoy your family times, that's the basis of real life.

I screwed up bad with my older kids, raising them the cult way, but Little Dark has never had an ounce of fear instilled in him and he's doing great.

I love hearing everyone's affirmations of their lives post-Tower...even the silly tongue-in-cheek ones. There's real encouragement in knowing that y'all are pursuing what you want rather than what some tightassed guiltmonger says you should!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit