What's your all-time favorite Song by musician ? Name Song and Artist

by flipper 182 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie
    I love music...currently listening to Peter, Paul, and Mary and Queen.  Love CCR too.  Not too much into today's stuff...sounds like repeats.
  • darthfader
  • Spectre
    Spectre

Scary21- That BEP song is surprisingly good. They get a lot of hate but if you just take them as a light, fun band it's easy to appreciate them.

Blondie- There's new music out there that is good but you really have to dig looking for it. For the most part it isn't even worth digging since there's so much old stuff to keep you going.

darthfader- I saw Rush 2 years ago and they opened with that song. My favorite of theirs is Spirit of Radio. 

• scary21
    scary21

I find people only like the music  that was out when they were young.  I made a promise to myself that I would keep an open mind and I am so glad I did not miss out on ...... Amy Winehouse - Valerie,,,,, Adele-Someone like you

Lady Antebellum- Need you now     Hinder- lips of an angel       The Fray. How to save a life     Buck Cherry- Sorry

And to think my parents thought the Beatles were CRAP...lol

Last summer I went to a Journey Concert  in Detroit..... Favorite song - Don't stop Believing.....Us Detroit people go crazy for that one.......

Check out some of this music please....good stuff !

Sherry

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Too many to list but here's one off the top of my head 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DED812HKWyM

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Hotel California by the Eagles best song of all time.  Great lyrics great guitar 
  • Simon
    Simon

Just watching The Last Waltz on TV ... such a great concert movie.

No one particular song that is the best. The Band were great and maybe unfairly overshadowed by Dylan or maybe inspired by him. I see them similar to The Eagles in sound and ability, I like the tracks featuring them on Dylan albums like "Before the Flood".

Anyway, if you haven't seen it you should watch it - real rock history right there.

Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Neil Diamond, Van Morrison, Ringo Starr, Ron Wood, many others and The Band all directed by Martin Scorsese so it's not just typical "artists perform" type concert footage..

Here's the ensemble ending;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjtPBjEz-BA

• Finkelstein
  • Finkelstein
  • Simon
    Simon

That was a good album. It was the definitive CD to have as it was released just after they became available and was one of the first made for the medium.

I just realized something - this topic may pre-date YouTube ... you can see how music used to be shared by listing the lyrics and then the initial low-res videos start and now we have HQ. If only we had all the same artists and talent still.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit