Going over to CT Russell's tomb, anybody want any closeups? Requests?

by thecarpenter 24 Replies latest jw friends

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I'm working on a video of JW beliefs with another ex-jw. We are going to shoot some footage of Russell's tombstone and pyramid and also going to interview a JWD'er about his exit. I was wondering if any of you have any "reasonable" requests? No, I will not deface it (I want if preserved for posterity). I plan on taking multiple pictures from all sides and closeups. I will also film it. thecarpenter aka spielburg

• 5go
    5go

Spit on his grave if you would. Nevermind I will when I get to it someday.

• bobxkawasaki
    bobxkawasaki

There used to be a video on the internet in which a man moved his camcorder fully around the big monument and little tombstone and back and forth to the Masonic complex across the road, but I don't think that video is up anymore. So please do the same then upload it onto the internet on YOUTUBE.COM where even more Jehovah's Witnesses will get to see it.

Whether Russell was a Free Mason, never one, a wannabe etc his father was, and it is interesting to see the proximity of the Masonic complex to his burial plot.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Please hold up your hand, palm facing you, and bend down your thumb, first finger, third finger, and last, but not least your pinkie finger. Please direct it toward CTR's grave. Thank you. Unlike 5go, I will never see it, and I really don't want to. I think if I did, I would want to dig him up, and kill him again.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

If you remember my request and can get it to me, I'll give you an email to send to.

I wouldn't mind having a crisp closeup of the part of the pyramid that says "Watchtower Tract Society" or whatever it says. The ones on the net are usually blurry and low rez. A good overall high rez image would be nice too of all sides. What ever you can muster up. Won't hold you to it, but thanks if you do!

If you need anything for your video like photoshop work, screenshots for video transitions or a design for the cover or something, let me know, I'd be glad to help.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Act like you're about to take a dump on it. Sorry, that's very unbecoming of me.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

At the nearest freshwater fishing locale, buy a large bucket of live bait. You know, the ones that weight about ten pounds and are loaded with hungry earthworms. And then ... well, you can guess the rest.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Empty the contents of your bladder in as close as you can. I'd really like to show my gratitude to him for the wonderful times I had with his cult religion.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Do me a favor and go over to the Masonic Lodge and ask them if they own Rosemont Cemetery, where Russell is buried. Find out how old the cemetery is and when the Masonic Lodge was built where it is. Find out if the Masons ever owned the cemetery or have anything to do with it. Proximity to something doesn't necessarily mean ownership. Across the street from where I live there used to be a Christian Academy with a large sign in the forefront. One could have taken a picture of the sign and my house across the street from it but there is no connection between the two. Also check and see if the Pyramid was intended for only Russell or all those buried in the Bethel family plot. In other words, are there any other Bible Students buried in the area where Russell is buried? Check and see if Pastor Russell has his own tombstone, which gives his name, date of birth, date of death and calls him the Laodicean Messenger. That could help clear up a lot of things. Thanks.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

well, I do plan on taking a lot of high resolution pictures (10 megapixel) and to film the whole thing in High definition. I will pay particular attention to the watchtower logos. I also noticed that there are other pyramids in the area so I'll take some photos of them as well. I'll try to shoot from a lot of different angles and with multiple flashes. Hopefully I won't get chased away. As for the other stuff, well I don't blame Russell for what happened, he didn't intimidate people to stay and seemed like a broken man when his 1914 prophecy failed. I'm actually more angry at Rutherford, Knorr and particularly Franz for making the religion more cultish and punitive (Franz's doing - the punitive part). But Russell is interesting history that most witnesses don't know fully about. It is kind of sad really when you think about it.
    I'll bring all the pictures at the next ex-JW meetup group this saturday.
    thecarpenter aka thehistorian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit