If you suffered a major personal setback.......

by pratt1 14 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
    pratt1

Would you reestablish ties with Jehovah' s Witnesses?

For example:

Diagnosis of a potentially fatal illness?

Death of a loved one?

Sudden loss of income and livelihood?

Near death experience?

• zanex
    zanex

Well...Ive had 3 out of 4 of those and I havent gone back yet! lol...course i have bounced back from 3 of 4 of those things mentioned...but something that seems to hold true with me is the harder I am kicked when i am down the bigger the bounce I make coming back...so...besides whether or not my life is crappy doesnt have anything to do with the singular fact that the JW's are wrong...regardless of the condition of my life...just my two cents...

-Z- (of the finally put my pic as avatar class)

• Gopher
    Gopher

No. Why add another setback (returning to JW's) on top of an already-bad situation?

• choosing life
    choosing life

I really don't think these things would push me back to the dubs. Their teachings on death are not encouraging to me. I haven't found them to be particularly helpful when I was in financial need either.

I haven't had these things happen to me, but I doubt the jws would help me out in any way.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I tend to agree with Gopher, I can't think of a bigger set back in life then to go back to being a JW.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Death of a loved one?

I experienced both and never thought of going back to the dubs. In fact, the experience of both turned me on to the fact that their probably is not a god taking care of us.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

life's tough right now, but still a lot more wonderful than being a depressed sad and lonely drone in the WTBTS. Never going back - wait, that's someone's name, isn't it?

• esw1966
    esw1966

I am thinking about calling my father whom I have not spoken with for 2 years this weekend. I do not look forward to the call, but I think it is only RIGHT for family members to communicate. I think it is mentally UNHEALTHY to carry on the way they do! I think they suffer more than I do for it. I do it because it is the right thing to do and is healthy and loving. But I dread dealing with all their BAGGAGE! I may find it is NOT worth the pain, but I must try.

Diagnosis of a potentially fatal illness?

I think it would be right to let them know despite the added crap that would go along with it. I would basically just say my good byes, if that.

Death of a loved one?

I'm not sure I would attend a funeral of theirs. I feel that they have cut me out of their life, so why would I suddenly pop up in theirs after their life is over when they had no time for me now???? I would probably go for one of my children since there are two others left over and I should be there for them, but if they all went, I'd have to think about it. (I'd probably have to go. It sounds pretty heartless NOT to go.)

NO WAY! I'll live on the streets, AGAIN, before I crawl back to them!

Near death experience?

I would probably email my kids and sister just to let them know what I went through, but I wouldn't get a response from them.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmm let me think

• being DFed was supposed to make me repent for my solution to an abusive husband - didn't make me go back
    • bankruptcy didn't make me go back
    • major surgery - not that either
    • move across country, marriage and separation - nope none of those
    • what looks like will be a permanent disability - nope not that either
    • death of my younger sister - not even that one

in every one of those cases my own mother ignored me and "proved" what a righteous Christian group the JWs are - NOT

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Most everyone here has suffered 1 or more personal setbacks..ExDubs are a tuff breed.....WBT$ is just starting to learn that.The people that make up the WBT$,are exceptionaly slow learners..Boardering on Retarted..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit