Here i am

by thebiggestlie 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

You're making some good choices, and glad to hear it. I wish I'd run across JWD when I was a teenager. Oh well...

Just one thing. You wrote: "Everyone has opinions so why should any of them be right or wrong? Right and wrong are just cultural concepts right?"

Be very careful in equating all opinions as having equal weight. Some ideas and opinions are just plain wrong and some are really dangerous. There are lots of opinions backed up with known facts, that can be proven through a variety of means, and there are plenty of others that are just silly or goofy.

If I'm going in for surgery, I want a trained surgeon who knows his shit, not someone who has the opinion that psychic surgery is real. See what I mean? Everyone may have a right to their opinions, but it's a serious intellectual mistake to say that all opinions are of equal value. Some are just plain stupid and verifiably inaccurate.

Good luck, and your post reminds me of some of my own writings when I was 18.

S4

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good to see you again TBL, and good luck in your future.

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

HEY wow thanks for the warm "welcome-back" i got that warm and fuzzy feeling again...oh no wait thats just my stomach attempting to digest that chili cheese burrito i had for lunch at taco bell. But seriously though its nice to feel missed. As for the comment i made about opinions, i know they dont have equal weight but i was merely making the point that opinions on philosophical and religious issues shouldnt be scrutinized or demeaned by others. IM well aware that there is some majorly wrong ideas out there and im not rushing over to symoathize with them. OK so you know im excited for the convention this year. Next week actually...geez besides checking out the local JW dating scene in the lobby what is a boy my age to do to occupy myself at such a "spiritual" and "refreshing" event? got any ideas.... Peace nick

• BFD
    BFD

How did you get so damn smart? Oh and welcome back!

BFD

• penny2
    penny2

Good to hear from you, tbl. Sorry to hear you're going to the DC. Might I suggest taking a good book and finding a seat upstairs in the back row. Plus lots of breaks - outside the venue. You need that fresh air, you know!

Don't expose yourself to the brainwashing.

penny2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit