Latest jab at Evolution

by karvel 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    This is just REALLY pissing me off.

Me too the more I think about it...

Why can't they just write a factual article about feathers and then end it with one or their generic: "All creation testifies to gods glory" things.

Note that they don't acctually tell you WHAT the so called forged evidence is? So you couldn't even look it up!

I SOOO wish I could talk to my parents about this...

Lore

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

People who believe in a creator can accept evolution as fact on this earth. I am one. Believing a species adapts or evolves to suit their environments or struggles is a no brainer.

Proving where & how it all started, now that's a different story, for me.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

the society has painted themselves into many doctrinal, factual and existential corners. but imho, evolution will be the hardest one for them to wiggle out of.

i mean, the fact of evolution (as a general whole, if i may), is really only data. the philosophical implications of the data is what they are most afraid of, ultimately. and not even in terms of "God". not at all actually. but the fact that at the time they say adam and eve fell from sin there were actually many many many homo sapiens (hu-mans) all over the world. so, to begin with, the need for a savior is not required since, even if there were a YHWH-created "adam and eve", the chances of you or i being genetically related to them is pretty slim. therefore, if we are not related to them, sin does not apply to us (unless of course you invoke magic to explain how joe hoba inserted "sin" into all human genomes [since, as we know: genome ergo sum]). magic aside (), the WTS is f*cked.

tetra

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

The sidebar on the second page of that article describes a forged fossil, and clumsily implies that said fossil was the only missing link, and that without it there was no evidence for avian evolution. This is, like most of what the Watchtower prints, a deliberate lie. The fossil in question was quickly exposed as a fraud perpetrated by a Chinese farmer but abundant fossil and DNA evidence points to the evolution of birds from dinosaurs.

See http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/11/1120_021120_raptor.html and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeoraptor for the full story of this fossil.

Using this event to throw doubt on evolution in general is like using the forged Hitler diaries to deny the Holocaust. (Apologies for the Godwinism)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit