So I'm

by lola28 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Load up your mp3 or ipod with some good tunes or a book or something to keep your mind off the drivel coming from the platform!

BB

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

ouch you poor thing, my heart goes out to you. Maybe smugle in an ipod?

• free2think
    free2think
    ouch you poor thing, my heart goes out to you. Maybe smugle in an ipod?

Yeah an ipod is a great idea. At the last convention i went to they had a radio connection, so you could listen to it with headphones on.

I did that a few times, and would listen to other radio stations instead.

• MariAruet
    MariAruet

why would you want to do that?

• Mum
    Mum

You are very kind to do this.

I went to an assembly after I had been out for a couple of years. It sounded so different to me. The speakers seemed to be trying to scare the people by telling them repeatedly that they were in a place of safety and how dangerous it would be to leave and live in the world. I had been living "in the world" and was letting go of fear. I felt so lucky not to be so paranoid as they were trying to make the poor JW's in attendance.

Here's to making the best of it,

SandraC

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Do you have a laptop with wireless connection? You could be on JWD with us while sitting through the boring ASSembly!!

nj

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Do you have a laptop with wireless connection? You could be on JWD with us while sitting through the boring ASSembly!!

lol, that's a great idea, in fact you could be 'unknowingly' helping those around you as you entertain yourself ;-)

• lola28
    lola28

I do, I do, but it's in the shop :( I don't know how long it will be before it's fixed.

Lola

• delilah
    delilah
    so I figured that going for one day wont kill me, will it?

it would me.......you're a better person. Good luck....

• Zico
    Zico

If you get the option, I would recommend going on the Sunday.

Sunday is always the shortest day, whereas Friday and Saturday is usually a 5 finish, Sunday is usually a 4 finish, and lunch on the Sunday is usually 30 minutes shorter, which will be a good thing, as lunch surrounded by your old JW friends asking where you've been could be painful. You also get to see the Drama on the Sunday, and though that is inevitably stupid, it's still more entertaining than listening to your average talks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit