So I'm

by lola28 28 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

Going to the convention this weekend for the first time in about three years...will I survive?

Lola

• R.F.
    R.F.

Are you kidding?!?!?!

You will be one of the priveleged few to experience the precious spiritual feast prepared by the great faithful and discreet slave!!!

You leave the convention a new person!!!

Ok i'm only kidding....but i'm not sure if you'll survive. Make sure you get a good spot to nap at.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I'm so sorry ...

• lola28
    lola28

I'm planning on getting a seat in a corner so no one will be able to tell I'm sleeping.

Lola

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

You have my deepest sympathies! Any particular reason why you're putting yourself through this torture?

I went to a convention a couple of years ago and it was awful-even worse than I remember. I could only stand to go for two days.

CyrusThePersian

• lola28
    lola28

yes, the woman that conducted my study asked me if I would go with her (she is older and has no family in the "truth") I felt bad that no one else would go with her so I figured that going for one day wont kill me, will it?

Lola

• free2think
    free2think

Good Luck Lola, i hope you don't get too bored.

• lola28
    lola28

I'm going to bring a slinky with me that should help.

Lola

• DJK
    DJK

Bring a book and wrap a watchtower around it. Your going out of your way to help someone. Good feelings come out of it regardless of what you do for them.

• Scully
    Scully

I'd make a deal with the lady if I were you: tell her you'll go with her for the morning and then you're taking her out for lunch and a nice non-JW outing for the afternoon.

One thing that makes me so angry is that they don't want you to leave the premises at lunch time - just bring a sandwich and stay there bored out of your skull.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit