marriage and family in the "new system"

by luffy 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DawnLS620
    DawnLS620
    If you live through Armageddon you stay married, but if you die and are resurrected you are not married, and if you go through Armageddon single you have to stay single.

JWFacts - are you SURE this is a Watchtower teaching? I was in the Borg from birth to age 39, and I never heard this one. In fact, a couple of single guys I knew joked about being in the AAA club -- "Available After Armageddon".

I don't remember ever hearing this either - that if you went thru single you had to stay single. This seems contrary to what we were taught as young teens. Teens were encouraged to pioneer and not marry - there would be plenty of time to marry in the new system - and a world full of JW's to choose from - only JW's to choose from, in fact.

• eclipse
    eclipse
    Teens were encouraged to pioneer and not marry - there would be plenty of time to marry in the new system - and a world full of JW's to choose from - only JW's to choose from, in fact.

That's what I was taught as well. That is why so many are waiting to have children. Some childless JW couples look down on married couples having children now in the old system, at least they did back when I was a JW in the 90's.

• DawnLS620
    DawnLS620

<<<That is why so many are waiting to have children. Some childless JW couples look down on married couples having children now in the old system, at least they did back when I was a JW in the 90's.>>>

Is this still the case today? I remember in the 70's, people waiting because 75 was so close and they thought they only had to wait a couple years to begin their family in the new system. However, I heard later that many started families, after being married for 10 or 15 years. Perhaps the "biological clock" ticking was stronger than the threat of Armegeddon.

• witnesscorn-wife
    witnesscorn-wife

Something I used to say all the time as a dubb and have heard multitudes of them say when the topic of marriage and children after Armageddon comes up is, "Jehovah will take that desire away so that we will not be unhappy. It would not be paradise if we had that desire and were not able to fulfill it."

Has anyone else heard or said something similar?

What I came to realize after leaving the dubbs is that if God took our desires away then there would be no free will, we would really be like the Borg. Then that proves Satan's point, that without being forced to or bribed to, or in this case programmed to, humans would not serve God. That makes the whole Bible a work of fiction.

It's funny how once you are out you see the complete contradiction of the whole WTBS teachings.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The Watchower has printed this about marriage in the "New System"

w82 6/15 p. 15 par. 20 Singleness—Its Advantages and Opportunities **

*Some who survive into the new earth may enjoy the privileges of marriage, and like the children of Noah after the global flood, have opportunities to take part in the divine commission to ‘fill the earth.’ (Genesis 9:1) Such may be a blessing in addition to those already enjoyed by single Christians. In God’s new order he will ‘satisfy the desire of every living thing’ and give to all the ‘requests of their heart.’ So be assured that all will find full happiness in accord with God’s will at that time

"Let Your Kingdom Come" chap. 18 p. 178 par. 11 The Kingdom Triumphant! ***

Notice that there is embodied in that promise the grand prospect that "death will be no more." It is expected that millions will find salvation through the "great tribulation" to enter into the blessings of the "new earth." (Revelation 7:9, 14) Yet thousands of millions, billions, will ultimately enjoy life here under the Kingdom. Why do we say "billions"? After the flood of Noah’s day, Jehovah gave to the righteous survivors a mandate, saying: "Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth." This suggests the joyful prospect of human marriage and the bringing forth of children inrighteousness for at least a time after Armageddon. (Genesis 9:1, 7; 10:1-32; Matthew 24:37) However, that will not be God’s principal way of ‘filling the earth’ with mankind at that time. How, then, will God populate our globe, thus accomplishing his original purpose? (Genesis 1:28; Isaiah 45:18) It will be by repeating, billions of times over, his great miracle of the resurrection.

Certainly, the dead ressurected have no marriage prospect according to dub teaching.

PS ..Why have my quote boxes gone haywire? please take it that the paragraph is a definate quote...

• witnesscorn-wife
    witnesscorn-wife

I did some research on what the population of the earth would be if everyone that has lived was ressurected and what population the earth could manage to sustain. Very interesting.

The low estimate of the entire population of the earth from Adam to now is 49 billion. According to scientists the highest estimate of human carrying capacity of the earth is only 14 billion. There are 6 billion alive on earth now with only 6 million of them being Jehovah's Witnesses. So those 6 billion are going to die in Armageddon and not have the ressurection opportunity according to dubbs. Being conservative and using the low complete popultion estimate of 49 billion - 6 billion now alive = 43 billion. If we assume this low number of total poplulation is ressurected - the 144,000 going to heaven, according to dubbs, then I think we have a big problem. We would have an over crowding of the earth of about 30 billion. That is without them having children. 30 billion is 5 times more people than we have on the earth righ now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit