New date for Armegeddon???

by DawnLS620 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Does anyone remember a Watchtower article that either directly stated or hinted/implied that the date of Armaggeddon was set, but the date of the start of the Great Tribulation was not?

The reasoning, if I recall correctly, was that Jehovah could delay the start of the GT to allow more dubs to come in....but that the more the GT date was pushed forward, the more intense the GT itself would be. Old System continues====>>>>>>Great Tribulation Start=====>>GT Continues===>Armageddon (end).....Paradise

Does this make sense? The length of the GT is variable but the date of the Big A is set.... Blondie, anyone, with a good memory?

SnakesInTheTower (of the Forgetful Sheep Class)

• JehovahGina
    JehovahGina

December 21 2012 is the date of Armegeddon http://www.theveiledprophet.com/122112.htm Better start screwing our pants off!

• Threestars
    Threestars

In my day the Great Tribulation was the really, really big bugaboo for us faithful ones, since once armageddon started we could all just sit back and watch the "wonderful"slaughter of millions. In the GT however, the Dubs were going to be severely persecuted, many of us even losing our lives in horrible fashion. Nice way to look at our immediate future, huh?

No wonder I'm half psycho these days.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    Really, really close! Think of something close - it's closer than that! Very close, very close indeed!

This means, plus or minus a thousand years.

Not sure how anyone can be so naive to believe this. Oh well, I was, but after many failed teachings, I have seen the light.

An elder told me we are so close, they are selling military vechicles (hummers) to the public. When the trib. starts, they will take them for war.

...hummmm

Everything is connected, now I see.

• Quandry
    Quandry

You're COMPLETELY wrong; after over 100 years, it looks like my HQ has FINALLY learned to stop trying to date it! (You think Jesus' words woulda sunk in....!)

Martian, you have hit the nail right on the head!

Wouldn't you think that after the dates of 1874 being the start of Jesus' rule, then 1914 being the absolute date of Armageddon, then 1925 being the date of the resurrection of the "ancient worthies" and then of course, 1975, that they would admit to being wrong? But no, that would have to imply that the "HOLY SPIRIT' gave them the wrong information.

Yes, as you said, you'd think Jesus' words woulda sunk in...!

But as we all know, not with these folks. Good post!

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Even thought I don't believe it, Armageddon scares the shit out of me. Every State of the Union address my parents would watch intently and shout "there's the call!!! PEACE AND SECURITY!!!" Of course, US Presidents have used the phrase "Peace and Security" or a derivative for quite a while now.

This new campaign makes me very nervous. It makes me nervous, not in a logical sense, but more as a "gut" feeling. It's like over the years, it's just become an automated emotional response.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

B_Deserter: I know exactly how you feel. In the 80s, I remember my mother making a big deal about the S.A.L.T-meetings between the U.S. and the Soviet union, and when that term was used, "peace and security", or something similar, that was it, Armageddon was coming. Talk about scaring the sh!t out of a child. Damn stupid people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit