Matthew 24:14 fulfilled?? What the....

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    With them streching it to make it seem as if the preaching work was done and now claiming that the end is mere weeks away instead of years. Do any of you think they will say that the new system has arrived? Think about it, they can say that gods new system came in just as christ presence did invisibly. They can say that the 1000 year reign will begin with gods last outpouring of mercy for sinners to see the light( lord knows his using the witnesses hasn't worked.)

Nothing would surprise me. Don't they still teach that "the world [really] ended" in 1914? I mean, if you can swallow that, you can swallow that this could indeed be, as good as it gets.

As for them saying that Matthew 24:14 is being "fulfilled now", that's nothing new. Take a walk down Memory Lane:

w59 10/15 p. 624 Concern for Man’s Survival into Peace therefore, Isaiah’s prophecy that the worshipers of Jehovah of one nationality would not lift up sword against His worshipers of another nationality and would not learn war any more is not waiting to be fulfilled after the war of Armageddon, but is being fulfilled now.

w62 1/15 p. 53 Like Dew from God and like a Lion Among Nations This prophecy does not apply to the remnant of spiritual Israel (or Jacob) first in the righteous new world after the remnant have survived the battle of Armageddon, as was once believed. It is being fulfilled now, and has been under fulfillment since the remnant’s deliverance in 1919.

w78 10/1 p. 31 Questions from Readers We have ample evidence that Matthew chapter 24 is being fulfilled now, during "the conclusion of the system of things." One proof is the earth-wide preaching of the good news of the established Messianic kingdom, which Jesus said must be done before the end comes. (Matt. 24:14) So, rather than being drawn into speculation about a date that we cannot know, let true Christians actively share in that important preaching, as they look forward confidently to the fulfillment of Jesus’ words about "this generation" at Matthew 24:34.

yb70 p. 34 1970 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses Prophecy is being fulfilled now, and these are clearly explained in the publications of the Watch Tower Society. That is why Jehovah’s witnesses feel the urgency of telling everyone that he should become a disciple of Christ Jesus.
  • Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

I understand how the WTBS is always claiming thier action as fullfilling bible prophecy. I guess a lot of religions claim to have. It was the phrase 'been fulfilled' that bothers me. Its one thing to say 'being fulfilled' and another to have 'been fulfilled'.

It also bothers me that this brother announced it on his own accord without approval from the GB but rather based on his own observations or feelings. Unless the GB of course had a hand in this as a way to reign in loose sheep and then claiming later that anyone stumbled by this probably never loved God anyway.

Isnt leaving the brother unchecked and unpunished they same as compliancy?

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Maybe I am kicking around a dead horse but did this guy ever get a reprimand?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit