Matthew 24:14 fulfilled?? What the....

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Recently I read a thread about a speaker at a special assembly announcing that this scripture had possibly been fulfilled. Cant remember his name.

Now since this speaker was making this announcement on his own accord, what form of discipline was metted out to him? I mean, to overstep his bounds and make an announcement like that without GB approval? Or is this how they present their new light...by testing it out on the sheep and then when nothing happens they said that it was a rumor out of control but never officially announced?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I think this is the thread to which you are referring: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/134820/1.ashx

The speaker said:

In regards to Matt. 24:14, ....if we take part in the preaching work we are part of a visible proof of Christ's invisible presence. He mentioned that on average 24 new congregations are formed each week, and every weekend on average there are 4,700 baptized. He stated, "Can we say that this scripture is being fulfilled now? Yes!"

The talk was "The Six Comings of Christ", and the speaker was Gerrit Losch of the Governing Body. I doubt "Brother" Losch will be disciplined!

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Actually it was in reference to another post where the speaker said something like..." I am going to put these notes down for a minute and say something and would like for you to listen very carefully..."

Then goes on to say that because he has the privie to work in Bethel and by the side of the GB and FS that the feeling is that Matthew 24:14 has been fulfilled.

The talk was 'Be Intensly Occupied With God' There was a creepy audio.

I was just wondering if this guy was ever disciplined.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Crooked Lumpy Vessel, do you have a copy of the audio or the post to which you are referring? I'm interested to see it...

Welcome, BTW.

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

I do but I do not know how to attach it...

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

It was by a Bethelite from last years Special Assembly Day.

His name was James Rayford

Try here...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/127219/1.ashx

AO

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

OK...I found the thread with the audio download link. The speaker's name was James Rayford.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/127219/1.ashx

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was just pondering as I exited another post and came into this one, I had a thought, a revelation if you will. With them streching it to make it seem as if the preaching work was done and now claiming that the end is mere weeks away instead of years. Do any of you think they will say that the new system has arrived? Think about it, they can say that gods new system came in just as christ presence did invisibly. They can say that the 1000 year reign will begin with gods last outpouring of mercy for sinners to see the light( lord knows his using the witnesses hasn't worked.)

I know this does away with the whole armegedon thing and the death of 99% of the worlds population, but they manage to save face and be right(which of course what really matters.)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Darth said:

Do any of you think they will say that the new system has arrived? Think about it, they can say that gods new system came in just as christ presence did invisibly. They can say that the 1000 year reign will begin with gods last outpouring of mercy for sinners to see the light( lord knows his using the witnesses hasn't worked.)

When they get to the point of desperation, such a move is not unlikely. After all, if they can announce in 1925 that Christ's second coming was, in fact, invisible and occurred in 1914 - they could do this. The idea that "the world ended, God's Kingdom is here" and that this was only evident to those with 'eyes of faith' shows how an apocalyptic-end-times group can convince their followers of almost any idea they want to push.

I know this does away with the whole armegedon thing and the death of 99% of the worlds population

True - but if they could say "the world has ended" in regard to unseen spiritual events of 1914, they certainly could use the same twiist of logic with Armageddon in the future.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Now that idea is just scary, Gopher and Darth Frosty!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit