paranoia strikes deep

by Hortensia 20 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

But how do you really feel about Jehovah and his organization WTW?

Please, don't hold back.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Yes please, WTW, don't sugarcoat it!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The organization sucks. First, they don't even follow the Bible like they claim to. They have treated me like some kind of property that is expendible, and that should be exploited in every way to get as much as possible out of. This seems to be quite common in the organization. And that is more damaging than the multitudes of doctrinal issues that they seem to have.

The Bible is also built on faulty premises. There are so many examples of where Jehovah has punished people for minding their own business, failing to waste resources on a sacrifice, and for making a slip-up. The Bible God frowns heavily on people using their brains to create value, and then enjoying to the full the fruitages. God has created problems that did not exist within the Bible: Cain, Lot's wife, Israel when they had someone merely take valuables instead of destroying them, Saul's dilemma when he was losing the fight against the foreigners (and since when did all the foreigners deserve to die just for not worshiping Jehovah? Did they initiate force against Israel?), and plenty of other cases where people have died or suffered undeserved hardship for God's actions.

From what I have both read about and experienced, I have never found God to be anything more than a Parasite that wastes resources on sacrifices, tests people in totally inappropriate ways, and asks for worship that He has not done a thing about. And He expects credit when people's own efforts or blind luck is really behind success.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I work in fast food. Drink only purchases make me happy. They have about a 10 second service time and is always made to order. :)

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Yeah, afraid to go upstairs alone - Demons gonna get me

Felt weird to use the bathroom or take a bath/shower - Jehovah watching, gave me the creeps.

I wasnt' scared of the elders or other people in the hall!!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

WT Wizard,

Maybe you should start doing things because you want to and not to get back at Jehovah or anyone/thing else. Until you do, nothing may fully make you happy. Go out and meet some nice women, wine and dine her, let her wine and dine you, do some fun things, like concerts, movies, shows, stroll in the park, hold hands, snuggle while watching a movie take some trips to the islands or Europe or whatever, do somthing to make YOUR heart smile.

It seems like this organization hurt you deeply in some way, but you gotta start letting it go. Don't do things to hurt this invisible fairytale god and his (supposed) organization. Anything you choose to do, do it for yourself.

Just my 2cents, no harm intended

nj

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Mysterious - glad to hear it! McDonalds runs a 69-cent 42-ounce drink special in the summer here - and it is definitely worth it when you are driving around in 120 degree heat!

Zagor - please forgive me - didn't mean to take aim at you, just people who use "stumbling" as an excuse to not be responsible for their own decisions.

WTW - I feel like you do - I hate that stupid org., although mostly I just ignore it except on this forum. God, as far as I am concerned, is a concept dreamed up by some really ancient people, which no longer serves any purpose.

I was thinking last night how much I like the forum, because some folks are really erudite, some are really wise, some are really funny, everyone is REAL, and no one is boring (except maybe me when I'm whining.)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hortensia:

Those are the words to a song I used to like.

Yes, I remember this insane bullshit. All this is designed to keep you "worrying" about what everybody will think. Never mind that nobody else is caring about what YOU think. None of this thinking is conducive to mental health and it was a relief to throw this burden off my back.

LHG

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I think there were two groups in the cong.: those who were terrified about what everyone from Jehovah on down might think, and those who used it to invalidate and terrorize the others by constant fault finding. So glad to be out of that - and now when I run across someone like that I can handle it quite well.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

WTW:

I understand how you feel about Jehovah, and I found myself going down that road as well, but I really didn't want to give up on the Bible, especially the gospels---so I had to start thinking that all that stuff written in the OT were by people who wrote according to their point of view of who Jehovah is, because believe me, there are things written there I will never ascribe to a loving God, such as places where it's written that Jehovah grew hot with anger over something very trivial or like him killing people because they didn't know about him or them not even having the choice whether to worship him or not. It has to be that the writer saw it that way, but not necessarily the way it really was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit