If You Were Granted Amnesty, Would U Go Back To Being A JW?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mini, It's not the amnesty that would bring me back. It's what is the truth of it all! Amnesty is not the controlling factor, truth is. And no one has a corner on the truth. So, I remain indeterminable. The definition of indeterminable is something that cannot be decided or settled, that cannot be definitely learned or ascertained. For me, as of now, there is nothing to go back or forward to, hence, I'm indeterminable.

Blueblades

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I wasnt kicked out, I left because the organization is a lie. So, theres no going back for me.

As far as I know, I am in good standing, or at least I am not kicked out or disciplined for anything. And If I am ever around witnoids at my wifes family get togethers they talk to me. Kind of bizzare.

Probably because none of us go to the congregation that we all used to go to, there is no way or reason to deal with me. I am under no ones jurisdiction. Also I don't give them any reason to deal with me.

• minimus
    minimus

Flipper, I'd never go back but I often wonder if JWs were like other religions in that they would still allow those that were clearly not zealous in their faith or had doubts or even voiced some opposition. The Catholic Church used to burn dissenters at the stake but now they have learned to be much more tolerant. If JWs eventually did this, I bet fewer would disassociate and leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit