Out of the Family...

by saywhat29 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Im on my way to bed now, but please read my previous reply. Also stick around this board, you will meet many wonderful people and get some good tips in dealing with your life.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Junction-Guy, she is very antigay and admitted to me at one time how homophobic she was- before she knew she had a homosexual in the home though. Its the culture she was raised in- like even out non-JW family members or invlved in the baptist church. The apostate thing wouldn't work on her as much- she hates them just as much as the gays. She once told me Dont go on the Internet talking bad about witnesses with those people because of THIS!" So its like an equal hatred, with gay winning more only because I am gay.

And she already did turn me to the elders- she's the reason I have the meeting tonight in the first place. She believes it won't ever get out and that the elders can just sweep it under the rug and cure my Ghey.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I really would love to talk with you more, but Im on my way to bed. Im not usually the optimistic type anymore, but I can see things working out in your benefit. Please check back later on the board, and we can continue this conversation.

Dave

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Wow, some pretty harsh words from your mom. I can't imagine how stressful this all must be for you right now. Just be true to yourself and realize that often people react to things in such a way because they aren't yet able to understand or accept it. Give it time, be true to yourself and don't let anyone try to change you or make you feel guilty for being yourself. (((((saywhat29)))))

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Saywhat:

Im so sorry that you are having to go through that. I can totally understand being caught in the middle of all of this. I left the org and moved away from my family and hometown to get away from the cong and family almost 10 years ago so I can just finally breathe and find out who I am. I had to come to terms with my sexual orientation and admit to myself that I am gay but I didn't not want to admit that to myself and remain a JW; at that time I left not because I wanted to go out and have wild sex with everyone with 3 legs but because I didn't want to stay in a organization full of judgemental people who would shun me the second they found out I was gay whether I acted on it or not. I know moving away isn't always the option at the time you are dealing with this, I had to plan my move and fade and it took a few years; it depends on the circumstances of each individual. My immediate family isn't in the organization now, just other relatives and friends from my hometown. Nevertheless I have never really officially come out to my parents but Im sure my mother knows. I have only discussed that part of my life with my older sister.

Anyway, if you ever need to vent send me a PM and I will send you my contact info.

Take care

LRG

• unique1
    unique1

I know you are afraid, but is there anyway you can say what state/province (No city) you live in. Most are huge and it would still be hard to pinpoint you. That way any of us on the board who may be in your state, can offer you a place to stay via PM for a little bit until you get on your feet. People on this board are very generous.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

LOL, I doubt anybdy lives close to me, but I'll shoot. Maryland.

• unique1
    unique1

Sorry I am in NC. Any Marylanders out there that would be willing to offer our dear brother here a place to stay if say he gets booted tonight, please PM him.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

LOL thanks unique1, eh If I get booted, I have a car to sleep in- most folks don't have that...

But I should probably go clean it out if I plan to sleep in it tonight. But jokes aide, thanks for the effort, it makes me feall really goo that I can just post something and just feel love and support from people when most in my real life aren't able to.

• BFD
    BFD

Saywhat,

Sorry you're going through this now. When my JW mom found out I was gay 28 years ago I still remember her exact words. She said to me, "How can you deprive me of a son?"

After that diddy it turned ugly. I have two older brothers that treated her like shit and I was the son who always stood by her and supported her through thick and thin. Of course I pointed that out to her as I packed my bags and left in a fury. I lived on the streets for about two weeks before I found somewhere to live. I was 19 years old and homeless.

Please, no matter how bad you think things are do not even contemplate suicide. I would be happy to share more of my experience with you. If you think it would help, pm me.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit