Need advice, in situation...crazy

by Nowman 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

When it comes to business (power and money) you will be very surprised who is in your court and who is not. Maybe this friend feels that if she worked for you, it would destroy your friendship. Also, you have the same babysitter etc. All that enmeshment can get pretty tricky.

I am a supervisor of employees....I have found through the years that good work relationships are not built on friendship, but on competency and professionalism. Friendships really can not be brought into most of these relationships because there is authority in being a supervisor. Like it or not that is what being a supervisor is all about. Treating all fair and equitable, not easy to do if it is a friend. JMO

As far as the new job, you really need to find out if the fit is good for you. It really is not about who is coming with you in this job, but what is the best for you and your family. Do they offer different perks? Salary? Does it require you to move? Only you know the answers to those question, never underestimate your gut instinct. What is that voice in your head saying???? Good luck!!!!

Leslie

• Nowman
    Nowman

Thanks again for all your replies...its a sticky situation...I am going to go with my instinct on this one. The company I would work for would be separate from the company that already exists. He wanted to bring me on because I have 9-1/2 years of importing experience and sales. I have developed relationships with manufacturers in Taiwan so I know how to buy blue print items, and call out all details so that the liability is on the manufacturer. Because I have had to study so much, my memory is very good, I have been through so many quality issues, that I know how to solve problems very quickly, with the hopes that the company does not lose money.

Based on all the information on the new company and meeting him and his wife (Ive known him for 5 + years), my instinct tells me that I am to go this way. It will be hard. But, the benfits great. I will be earning 20% my 1st year, after that it could double again because of the customers I already have. I can work in my home town. I can take my kids to school and pick them up (because of my current drive time, I arrange someone else to take my kids to school). I am helping start up an importing business, which I know how to run.

I ve decided to not worry about my BF. Life is too short, I am going to get rewarded for the good that I do, period. The comments really helped me put things into perspective, I have put my business hat back on.

But, my BF is not who I think she is anymore, I could write a book. Its OK though, I have great friends in my life, I am just going to apprecaite them more. My BF knows what she is capable of, she knows somethings up with me, and it makes her uncomfortable. I will slowly separate myself from her...I want to tell you all the stories but there is no time.

In conclusion, your comments helped alot.

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit