Blow Out

by LittleToe 17 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

E-man's got ME beat!

All I did was SHOW UP, sit down front, and then walk out with a huge grin on my face and head held high when the announcement was made!

Not as stylish -- but equally defiant!

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• TR
    TR

I imagined the 'spill the beans while giving a talk' also. What makes me laugh is wondering who would to what, and how they would get me out of the Hall. Seeing all the different looks would be priceless. I would set up a video camera somewhere to record the event.

Recently, I've thought about attending the nearest KH just to join the MS and give such a talk. Naw, got better things to do with my time.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Xena
    Xena

Would be cool if you had any "dirt" on some of the prominent ones in the cong...spilling it on the platform....watching them scatter like roaches when you turn the light on...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Eman:
    You continue to rise in my estimation.

Pubsinger:
    Hmmmm - maybe .

I need more ideas!!!

LT

• Englishman
    Englishman

Thanks Lil Toe & Pubsinger,

The thing was that no-one would let me go quietly. My Dad was a PO in the next congregation, and of course he was worried to death about me. He was in contact with my PO who would pass on details of my meeting attendance, hours worked etc. I had always enjoyed watching the football at Fratton Park and would go with my pal Mike P. When he was Df'd I would still stand in the same spot but would, to my eternal shame, ignore him. When I decided to leave, I contacted Mike P - hey I needed friends!- and then discovered that I wasn't going to be allowed to quietly walk away. By a curious coincidence the Distric assembly that year was being held at Fratton Park, so it happened that the very spot that I had been shunning my friend at became the point where I declared by abandonment of witness belief by walking out with my pal as he puffed on his ciggie.

As for their being two witnesses required to DF me, why, there were thousands!

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Simon
    Simon

Englishman...

RESPECT

• Simon
    Simon

BTW... that was in an Ali G voice

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Iz it coz e is black?