Caught Wife Cheating

by roflcopter 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Confession
    Confession

I only want to comment on your expression that you feel you've wasted the last 2.5 years. I understand the feeling and can't blame you for feeling it. But among those I've known who've experienced some of the most painful "lifequakes," I find that many of them have come to embrace these events as invaluable contributions to their personal wisdom. They wouldn't trade them for anything.

There may be even more sad things life brings your way. Try to understand them, use them, and your life will be richer.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

((((((your broken heart)))))))

I'm really sorry. Keep in mind this is a major character flaw. Don't allow any blame on yourself to creep in. She needs to be held accountable for her actions. I believe that most of the time, if someone cheats they will cheat again.

You're young and have your whole life ahead of you.

• needproof
    needproof

Well, she'd have no choice but to admit it with the elders. Such an offense of course is grounds for divorce.

• helncon
    helncon

(((((sorry you are going through this)))))

You are young, and have the choice to sort it out or just leave.

Thankfully you have no children and does make it all easier.

Take care

Helen

• monophonic
    monophonic

i'm sorry about the situation, that really sucks.

it's a blessing that it happened two years into your marriage....i've seen it happen 20 years, and that's messy.

your decision to leave is a good one.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm so sorry that this has happened, how horrid for you. I agree with some other people here; you can get through this and emerge from it eventually very happy. One day you'll probably put it in the list of top ten things that ever happened to you. In the meantime, remind yourself every day that you're a top bloke, and she's a cheat and doesn't deserve you.

Something ugly I feel the need to mention now re JW rules, and I apologise as I realise it's none of my business, but it might be something that hasn't occurred to you. In a JW marriage, if a spouse cheats and the other decides not to forgive them, the victim can divorce and remarry without facing any JW repercussions; that's probably not something you care about at this point. A technicality they don't mention much is that if the victim then sleeps with their husband/wife again, that is considered forgiveness for the adultery, and the victim loses their get-out-of-marriage free card. It creates some ugly situations, I'll tell you one I know of: My mate, we'll call her Joan, discovered that her abusive JW husband had cheated on her. She decided to leave him, but had slept with him in meantime. Five years later Joan is divorced and remarries, and she is disfellowshipped for adultery, and her ex-husband is made an elder.

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

Been there......wife was Truly sorry...did ALL in her power to make ammends. We worked it out.but to this day.8 years later.the relationship is forever changed.still together though.for now. Sounds like you should leave my friend. BUT Only you truly know all circumstance....what could've led to this sit./outcome. If all facts are as they seem.I say get the F@*% out. be strong for YOUR FUTURE!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Dude, that stinks.

I'd drop her like she was hot. Adultery isn't even cool with Jehovah.

Depending on how vengeful you are, you could cause her a bunch of trouble with the Elders and ruin her position in Jehovah's organization which she covets so much.

Sorry to hear it, I was in a relationship where I assumed there was cheating, I didn't have substantial evidence, and I hadn't been involved as long as you have, married, etc.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My first husband always had tears of repentance handy....for beating me up....for getting caught. As soon as I twigged on to THAT (he didn't love me, he hated consequences) it was much easier to make the decision for him and leave.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Oh man,

That blows stringy goat chunks!

I feel for ya man, I had me a woman much like that but it took 7 frigging years for me to finally have provable grounds!

I'm awfully glad you plan to drop her like a hot rock because it generally only goes downhill from where you are unless you get the hell OFF the rollercoaster.

As has been mentioned, keep your wick dry or you lose your 'get out of living hell free' card!

Plus, who knows what you could catch!

I think you were absolutely right to put conditions on reconciliation, and your description of her remorse does not sound as if it were particularly compelling.

young man, RUN!

Roller

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit