Jesus was not a carpenter, Let's end the lies! He was a stone mason

by magdalenefan 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

needproof:

Oh sorry, I didn't realize you had to resort to sarcasm. They do say it is the lowest form of wit, and I have never engaged in a battle of wit with an unarmed person so I won't start now. I'll leave you to play with your smileys.

Ooooh nice ad hominem, there. It does wonders for your argument. Still you haven't addressed the real question, though.

If you "needproof" why can't the rest of us expect it too?

• kid-A
    kid-A

Scully, grow up. If somebody wants to make a thread about their opinion on something, just let them without coming across so judgmental. So what if they are trying to make a Masonic connection? Still have that bug up your arse, need-brain? Try some ex-lax..... I guess in between your "I love you all" threads, you still feel the need to incite flame wars with the mods? ..................................whatever......................

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Needproof,

They do say it (sarcasm) is the lowest form of wit.

I am not sure who 'they' are, and the statement you make above is way beyond incorrect.

All the greatest wit both spoken and written has an element of sarcasm attached to it. Oscar Wilde, Samuel Johnson, William Godwin, Charles Dickens, Samuel Clemens, Dorothy Parker, Winston Churchill, E.M.Forster, William Gerhardie, Andrew Sinclair etc. etc all mastered the art of sarcasm and perfected it as a tool to better help us understand the human condition.

Sarcasm is good. I have never understood why it was designated the 'lowest form of wit', unless of course this was a statement made by the 911 Masons who travelled all the way from the star cluster Aldebaran in a vehicle shaped like a pyramid and who attempted to populate the earth with comedians of the ilk of Benny Hill.

HS

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

hillary_step:

All the greatest wit both spoken and written has an element of sarcasm attached to it.

I think needproof's comment was meant to demonstrate that it's possible to be sarcastic without displaying a smidgin of wit, a claim for which he provided an admirable example. He also showed that someone doesn't need to understand irony in order to exhibit it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit