Jesus was not a carpenter, Let's end the lies! He was a stone mason

by magdalenefan 43 Replies latest jw friends

• magdalenefan
    magdalenefan

I believe Jesus was not a wood carpenter like long believed and taught by the Churches. I think this is a lie!

I believe he was a stone mason. The word in Hebrew "Tekton" means a craftsperson. likely in stone, NOT wood.

"The Western (Wailing) Wall is all that remains of the Jerusalem Temple where Jesus ministered. This wall formed part of the Plaza within the Temple area. King Herod's remodeling project began in 19 B.C. and continued long after his death. So Jesus is in adulthood at this time. It was barely completed only a few years before the Romans came and destroyed the Temple in 70 AD.

Herod employed 1,000 priests trained in Masonry to help build the extension. Also he employed 10,000 laborers .

Likely Jesus was one of these laborers, In Gods infinite wisdom and love, his own son had a hand in building the temple, so he could rightfully claim that it was his "Father's Temple. "And he said to them, "It is Written, "my House will be called a house of prayer, but you are making it a cave of robbers." Matthew 21:13

It was prophesied."This is what Jehovah has said, "Here is the man whose name is Sprout. And from his own place he will sprout, and he will certainly build the temple of Jehovah. ." Zecharia 6:12

I can not think of anything more beautiful than for Jesus to have actually been at the Temple re modeling site, rather than working at his home, or somewhere else.

1 Peter, 2:4-9 "To whom coming as unto a LIVING STONE, disallowed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, a royal priethood to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God and to Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, "Behold, I lay in sion a CHIEF CORNER STONE, elect precious...the STONE that the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, and a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.

The temple walls were made up of large well cut stones, the smallest was two tons. But the southwest CORNER, particulary sturdy construction used a STONE of 50 TONS!! laid in alternating rows of east, west , north, and so on.

Matthew 21:42 "the STONE that the builders rejected, is the one that has become the chief CORNERSTONE

• Scully
    Scully

Seriously, what difference does it make? It was over 2000 freaking years ago!

Or are you just one of those clever people looking for Masonic connections in everything???

• eclipse
    eclipse

Very interesting!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I believe he was a carpenter, the bible says so plainly, but even if he wasnt, what benefit would it do to teach he was a carpenter?

How does this affect the average person? Does it cause them to give up a college career? Does it cause them to shun family? Does it cause them to cover up child molesting? Does it cause them to allow their children to die from a lack of blood?

How is this even an issue?

Also perhaps inside this temple there were wooden doors, remember Jesus said "I am the door"

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

You are absolutely correct.....

Outaservice

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Who is absolutely correct? and why?

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

you see, i heard he was a boxer... but i might be wrong... i agree with scully though, what does it matter?

the infamous one

• ninja
    ninja

the more I REsearch the masons the weirder it gets....the God of freemasonry is Lucifer

• Mary
    Mary
    The word in Hebrew "Tekton" means a craftsperson. likely in stone, NOT wood.

First of all, "Tekton" is not a Hebrew word, it's a Greek word. Second of all, there is no linguistic support that I'm aware of that would indicate it means "in stone" rather than wood. And third-----what possible difference does it make to us today? It's like the Society arguing about whether or not Jesus had a beard.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Where do you guys get this rubbish from ?....... and who really gives a sh*t !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit