poll? is the u.n./wtbts issue your last straw?

by zev 19 Replies latest jw friends

• openminded
    openminded

What is an actionable offence??

• badwillie
    badwillie

Thanks Larc and Grout -
    Unfortunately, I already "cooked" myself I think...but I am doing a whole heap of butt kissing now and I think it's working.
    Grout, are you really sure they can't do anything if you were baptized as a minor? I was dunked at 17. This could be a loophole?
    Another question: suppose they do show me "mercy", how long do you think they will be watching me closely before I can drift away without any worries? Thanks for your advice too!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Zev: No it is not my last straw. The previous tonnage of evidence crossed the "Last Straw" years ago. But, I can say that the UN issue is both validating once again of my good decision to leave the JWs, and it gives me some amunition should I get a JW knocking on my door. - Amazing

• chester
    chester

Hi Zev,

As simple as it may seem, my last straw was the Nov 99 KM where they went to great lengths about the dangers of the internet. Then finding out "WHY" they were so afraid of us going on the internet. The things I was able to learn about them on the internet was the last straw for me.

That made me realize that they really "ARE" a cult.

Zev, I hope everything is going well with you and I also want to acknowledge that I realize that you were one of the first to bring this issue to the fore front.

Thanks for all your work in doing that.

Thanks also to Hawk, Kent, Randy, Mommy, Bible examiner and all of the others who worked so hard on this issue. I know I have probably left someone out. Many thanks to all of you.

Chester

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Zev,

it's nice to thank you again for

your collaboration. (Read my last post on the II part).

I do like the many comments expressed here.

On a personal note...whn someone LIES to you,

without any shame, covers it up...continues without

any ...shadow of ..regret...WELL TRUST IS G O N E !!!

What's left??? - this helps me greatly:

Romans 5:5 "... and the hope does not lead to

disappointment; because the love of God has been

poured into our hearts through the holy spirit,

which was given to us."

Greetings, James Charles MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Grout
    Grout

Disclaimer: I am NOT a lawyer.

"Actionable offense" = "something that gives you a cause of action against them". That is, it's something that if you take them to court and you win, they have to pay you damages.

And, no, I am not sure whether this legal theory has been tested in court. That's why I didn't suggest you take them to court, only to bring the issue up and scare 'em a bit.

Mind you, I personally believe that this is a sound principle, and as such I'm looking forward, if necessary, to testing it in court with regard to myself (I was dunked at 14). But since I am NOT a lawyer, I strongly suggest you consult a lawyer before taking any legal actions of any kind.

• Isis
    Isis

I was done with it a while ago but, I have to say the UN thing really did clinch it for me.

Any other good sayings we can add --> It put the nail in the coffin for the WTS in my book.

Isis

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

As I told my daughter the other day.............I was wishy washy about everything (yet knowing something was wrong) but this UN thing clinched the deal.

• jaded
    jaded

This was not my last straw. I was already certain that I would not go back. However this is "huge". It really confirmed what a bunch of hypocrites the boys in Brooklyn are. Really made my husband think as well. For him I think that this will be the last straw. I think he will be able to move on and begin to let go of the "guilt trips" that the Borg loves to place on us. A big "thank you" to everyone who worked so hard on this. Guess this post makes me an official apostate!lol.

• Prisca
    Prisca

No, this is not the last straw for me, but it just confirms the level of hypocrisy of the WTS.

The last straw for me was the 587vs607 thing. Once it was obvious that the FDS was not chosen in 1914, the whole pack of cards begun to tumble down. Everything else just fitted around it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit