poll? is the u.n./wtbts issue your last straw?

by zev 19 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

Is it your last straw?

yes

or

no

its my last straw. reading that letter from the u.n. has sealed it for me. what about you?

thanks for your opinion.

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• aTHINKING1
    aTHINKING1

Mine too, although i have family in and have to be "nice" about it.

• belbab
    belbab

Zev, Hell no, I'm drinking it straight from the bottle. I don't need a straw, been out for several decades and I take my refreshments straight.

By the way, I acknowledge you as one of the early risers who made a great effort mostly on H20 to bring this subject to the forefront of everyones attention. I also appreciate all those who added to your ground work and kept at it until todays success came to be.

belbab

• zev
    zev

for reasons i cannot discuss here, i was unable to continue the pursuit of truth as others did.

thanks for the acknowedgement.

and thanks to those who could pursue truth!

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• badwillie
    badwillie

It was my last straw as soon as I saw thw WTS listed on the website...this letter from the UN just seals the whole deal.
    I'm a new exjw...about 3 week old, so still in my infancy so to speak.
    I've had one judicial meeting with the local Elders, my crime was showing a friend the info on the UN website and then discussing some doubts together. My wife also showed a friend the UN website list of NGO's...that friend turned us in to the Elders. I will find out Sunday if I a m disfellowshipped or if "mercy" will be extended. What a joke! This is definitely tangible evidence of what a sham the WTS is. My only problem is that I still need to keep up appearances for a while if they do let me stick around, I have family still inside and I don't want to be cut off. My mother is "anointed" too, so you can imagine what I would be up against if I do become labelled an apostate. It's just so weird that no JW's I know would even want to look at the UN website. My mother is saying that someone hacked into it or something. I just can't believe that I used to think that way for so many years. Sweet FREEDOM!

• cecil
    cecil

hi zev.

something else - as you put it - "sealed it for me" a couple of months ago. But I can tell you: This one will "seal it" for more people, than we can imagine right now!!!

cecil

• Grout
    Grout

No, this wasn't my last straw. My last straw was biology. While it may be possible to fit modern biology into some semi-Christian theology, it sure wouldn't be JW theology.

Once you know that Adam was not specially created but that we are all cousins to all living things on Earth, the whole religious house of cards comes tumbling down.

However! I have high hopes that the UN debacle may turn out to be the last straw for my wife ... and possibly even for my mother, who has been hanging on to the JW organization even though it covered for the man who molested her daughters, my sisters. I'm not sure I can persuade her, though. I'm pondering whether to give it the old college try.
    --
    Chip Salzenberg: Free-Floating Agent of Chaos

• Escargot
    Escargot

My last straw was about five straws ago......

Erasmus (1520 AD): "If we want truth, every person ought to be free to speak what they think without fear."

• larc
    larc

BadWillie and other newbies here,

How can you be disfellowshipped for showing someone factual information from an offical UN web site? I don't get it. This is not slander from some so called "apostate".

If they mess with you, I think that you have several options. I would suggest that you have the elders send a letter to Bethel with a copy to you, asking if this is a disfellowshipping offense. This will slow them down, and I don't think that the WT will back them up. If they still proceed, I would beg for forgiveness and look and sound repentant, even if you don't mean it. They will probably let you off the hook, which will buy you time. I would NOT point out how wrong it was for the WT to be associated with the UN. That approach will cook you.

Remember to use tact, that is, lie your ass off. It is your game to play, not theirs. Your long term objective, it seems to me, is to maintain relationships with family, and hopefully get some of them out.

• Grout
    Grout

Disclaimer: IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer).

Don't forget that DFing is an actionable offense by the JW organization unless you were baptized as an adult. Children can't enter into legally binding contracts. If you, like I, were baptized as a minor, then the JW org has no legal right to harm you in any way ... including by separating you from your friends and family. Reminding the committee of this fact might help you get them off your ass.

Disclaimer: IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit