June 11, 2007 Macleans article re. ex-JW support group in Toronto

by kwintestal 22 Replies latest social current

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Just a one-page article on an ex-JW support group in Toronto. Macleans is Canada's version of "Time" with a large circulation. It's also the magazine that did the large article on the septuplets. I don't usually read the magazine, but just happened to open it as it was sitting on the couch beside me (my wife subscribes) and this article jumped right out at me.

Kwin

alt

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I wonder if the JW's are going to sue Macleans for copyright infringement for using their picture?!

Kwin

• kid-A
    kid-A

What a fantastic article! Macleans is very well read in Canada.

Also provides a nice "reality check" to any members of the general public who were misinformed by Engardio's propaganda flick.

• Scully
    Scully

Maybe we should let Maclean's know about JWD.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

That's a really great article. If there is any bible study out there who is sitting on the fence, this just knocked them off it.

They spend a billion hours a year trying to make converts, but their own stupid policies create so much bad publicity that they negate all the door to door advertising that they expend.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Good article. I know some JWs who subscribe to Macleans, and I suspect they'll be sending nasty letters to Macleans because of this.

I was surprised about the ex-jw support group in Toronto. I haven't been to a meetup for a couple of years. I wonder how it's organized, as the meetup site hasn't been used for a while.

W

• unique1
    unique1

great article!!

• bebu
    bebu

Wow, great article!!! I love the picture they used! I'll bet that guy gets a lot of contacts!

If someone writes to the editor that is published, more people could find out about JWD--and they don't have to live in Toronto to benefit from it.

bebu

• hubert
    hubert

Would they have this magazine at a book store in the U.S., like "Borders"?

I want a copy.

Hubert

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Wow, nice article! That MacLeans magazine will nicely accompany the Watchtowers and Awakes that are sitting in the waiting rooms at the doctor's office

Things are just going so wrong for the Watchtower in Canada. The bad publicity of the sextuplets case, the bad publicity of the twins in Quebec, and now publicity for an ex-JW support group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit