Update on my JC situation

by drew sagan 62 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

First of all I wanted to say that many of you have given some very good suggestions. There is about 5 different things I'm making a point to do now that I wasn't thinking of before. Thanks a bunch!

So last night I called the elder who has been sympathetic asking him to tell the other elder setting this thing up to send me a letter describing all of the charges that are being brought against me, who specifically is making the allegations, and the time and date when this meeting will be held.

I opened up to the elder and said something like 'well... i suppose it was just to much to ask'. His reply was 'yeah, i guess so'. I could tell he was surprised that they refused to fulfill my simple request. I pushed it once more by sarcastically saying 'if there is anything i'm allowed to ask at all'. He laughed knowing exactly what i meant. His reply 'well, show up at the meeting and find out'

I've never heard of elders refusing to correspond via letters at this early in the process. It really makes me feel that the ringleader in all of this is out for the kill.

i'll keep you posted

-drew

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

All the best. Will be sending you all good thoughts and energy.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Drew, the elders don't want to deal with questions that we have. They stick to the script of the Flock Book, and just as soon as unburden themselves and disfellowshipp you rather than really looking into anything you reasonably would ask of them.

They are still captives of a concept.

Thanks for the update. I will be following your situation as it unfolds.

Blueblades

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I did not get to read the original post on this Drew. But I think it fair to say that most BOE's, once they engage the subject of JC's do not allow many changes to the 'outline' provided by the Society - in this case likely the Legal Dept. has set these standards. The way the letter is written, or phone calls are made, the way the charges are stated, etc.

Once the steam-engine was on the rails in my case - the only thing I could do was to let it hit me while I pissed in it's general direction. Unless one desires to just DA - which I did - and announced to the world my 'fire breathing apostate' stance. Then it was them just pissing in the air as I barrelled in their direction. That felt better.

All the best my friend. Keep us up to date.

Jeff

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Drew, the elders don't want to deal with questions that we have. They stick to the script of the Flock Book, and just as soon as unburden themselves and disfellowshipp you rather than really looking into anything you reasonably would ask of them.

They are still captives of a concept.

Ditto. Well said Blueblades!

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Page 110 of the Flock Book states "Do not send an individual any kind of correspondence that directly accuses him of specific wrongdoing."

It also states: "If it is necessary to send a written invitation, you should simply state what the individual's course is alleged to have been, the time and place of the hearing, and how the person can contact the chairman if the arrangements are inconvenient for him.

My comments: This is to prevent the society or the BOE from being sued for libel.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    send me a letter describing all of the charges that are being brought against me, who specifically is
    making the allegations, and the time and date when this meeting will be held.

They don't like to have all this in writing. They will say the time and date on paper.
    The charges- usually just a vague charge, but even that is best kept unwritten for their purposes.
    They wouldn't want you to actually prepare for a defense by looking things up in their own literature.
    WHO is making allegations? I don't know of any committee that will reveal that beforehand.

If you decide to show up without their providing of these things, just bog down the proceedings with
    delay and sickness. During the sessions, say you need time to reflect on what they've told you
    or just get sick to your stomach after you know who and what they have. I know that your purpose
    is to make them put this in writing, but this would allow you to sharpen your argument. Say you will
    need to meet with them again another day. That makes them think more about how harsh the whole
    thing is before they DF. Just a thought.

• minimus
    minimus

Do you know how "good cop, bad cop" plays out??? The good cop gains your confidence, sympathizes with you, even slams his fellow officers. This friend of yours is doing NOTHING for you at all from what I can see.You're gonna screwed---big time.

Maybe you should start considering that this elder may not be 100% looking out for you. Please give it a thought. Nothing here sounds kosher.

Regarding the formal letter writing by them, REMEMBER THEY ARE IN CONTROL----not you! They are not supposed to ambush you but tell you what the alleged charges are.

• zack
    zack

Drew:

You need to write them and specifically ask what the meeting is about, who will be there, where it will be, what time it will be. Write it down, man! This puts THEM on the defensive.

Dear Brothers:

I appreciate the concern you are showing for the spiritual welfare of my family. Indeed, JesusChrist-- The Fine and True Sheperd--- would find commendable the love you are displaying. Prior to our meeting, which Bro. So and So has told me about, I request to know the following:

1. The time and place of the meeting

2. The attendants at this meeting

3. The purpose of this meeting.

I know you will respect my concerns in this regard since I have always known you to be kind and humble servants of the flock under your care and that you would do nothing that would make one of God's sheep stumble.

Your brother,

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Zack

I know you will respect my concerns in this regard since I have always known you to be kind and humble servants of the flock under your care and that you would do nothing that would make one of God's sheep stumble.

alt ....puuuuhhhhllllleeeesssseee That's a good one Zach.... ROFL

SnakesInTheTower (of the laughing Sheep Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit