Ganache, truffles, Wine? Anybody got a kiss for me?

by Sparkplug 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Tonight I made a most delightful ganache with my daughter. She and I had a lot of fun. At the end we started stuffing the truffles with blueberries. Now I will get the really great chocolate and do it again. We bought midway to fine chocolate and tried our hand at it. They turned out really great. Then we pulled out the cameras and started playing with them. So I am sharing. Now Francis Coppella and the truffles will wait till tomorrow. Night all!

• needproof
    needproof

They look great! Great photo's, have a good night!

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

puckers up *SMACK*,,,,,,now do I get a truffle? Thanks for the graphic truffle pics Sparkplug, now I have drool and fingerprints all over my computer screen.... how does one make truffles? And was it homemade ganache as well? I will be fuming with intense culinary jealousy if it is true. I must know your secrets, I'll winkle them out of you I will!

• gumby
    gumby

Jesus those look good! It's 12:45 and I'm watching Leno (Uuually in bed way by now) and I tuned in here and saw this this thread and rhe goodies and kiss thing caught my eye and I saw the goodies. I've already been snacking for the last two hours, not sleepy for some reason, and the goodies still looked so frickin good. I have some chocolate for dipping but nuthing to dip dammit. I'm gettin sumthin tomarrow. Sounds like you had a ball sparky. You sound like a good mom.

Gumby

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ah ...Thank you needsproof...

And smellsgood, get ready to turn green!

take bittersweet chocolate. A nice size block. Your local Wholefoods or central market carry some wonderful sins. bust into little pieces. Put it in the top of a double boiler, making sure that at no time do you get any water in the chocolate. when they melt, take off the boiler, stir in pure heavy cream that has been warmed to just below boil.

then mix in unsalted real butter and lastly pure vanilla. You can add in brandy, ammaretto etc...according to taste.

cool about 4 hours. Then scoop up and roll into balls. We did it by hand and stuffed with fruit. Roll in cocoa...normally not sweetened, but I work with a mess of ladies that would just probably puke if they had anything that did not come from chick filet. SO...I sweetened it a bit by using slightly sweetened cocoa and then powdered sugar. Cut fruit and in the morning I add a side tray of sliced cheese with horseradish in it and prusciutto. Water crackers.

You can do it. It was fun, and most delicious. I am sure they will get daintier with time.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Gumby~"Sounds like you had a ball sparky. " I am working on spending more time with this one in particular. It seems to have helped a bit. She loves chocolate and knowing how to make something her classmates can't pronounce...well I think it did her some good!

• free2think
    free2think

They look delicious. I'm glad you both had fun making them. Here's your kiss hon, .

• ilovegravy
    ilovegravy

Excuse my ignorance....but whats Ganache???

Uncle Gravy

• gumby
    gumby
    I think it did her some good!

It did....trust me. There's nothing nicer than when me and my daughter can reminise about things we did together etc. They are only your little ones for a limited time and it only goes around one time.

Nite all

Gumby

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Thank Gumby...Cross our fingers!

and ...

I love gravy, ganache is the center of a truffle. A light creamy chocolate slightly flavored. yummmmm! (Those white and brown chocolate sins on the plate.

free2think!~ Thats my kiss! I was waiting...Smooches and huggs!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit