How to Get a JW to think about Field Service

by mavie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

I was having dinner and good conversation tonight. I was relating some of my past to a close friend. I was describing the field service arrangement and in particular how field service is reported. Then it hit me! If I am ever approached by a JW while they are presenting magazines or other literature, I will respond:

"I would love to have a Bible study with you on one condition, that you are not allowed to report the time you spend preparing, traveling, or studying with me on your monthly field service report."

This will reveal their true motive. If by chance you get a zealous JW who agrees, you can raise a number of thought provoking questions during the first study. I doubt they will come back.

It's a win-win!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i love it!

• R.F.
    R.F.

You might have some that would comply, but with time being such a factor I wouldn't be suprised if they gave you the super short version of the "Bible Study"

• ringo5
    ringo5

Good Idea.

And if you really want to test them, tell them they can only use the Bible, no literature!

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

That's a brilliant suggestion! I hope someone stops by soon, maybe I should go requestion a visit from watchtower.org or something.

• mavie
    mavie

Heck, I might even *approach* a JW I see and ask them this question.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

What a great idea! Excellent point worth saving in my memory bank.

• Warlock
    Warlock

mavie,

Do you really think that they wouldn't report their time?

How could you possibly check up on that?

Warlock

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

mAVIE; great idea, but your a little late. i've been throwing the time card in jw's face for years. i just love catching jw's counting time and not preaching. i bring it to their attention every time how they are counting time doing NOTHING. JOHN

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Do you really think that they wouldn't report their time?

This is theocratic warfare. The householder doesn't need to know how I got around my promise.
    I counted the entire time I was out, subtracting any personal time for errands and breaks.

I did not count the time with this student, I simply didn't subtract it for errands and breaks.

This person would know that this would be an unproductive study (non-conversion) and wouldn't
    agree to the conditions. You would have to trick him into agreement. Something like this:

"I heard you guys only come around because your organization keeps track of the time you spend
    converting people."

"No, we are copying Jesus' example of ......."

"So you would do this 'study' with me even if you couldn't count the time involved and report it to your
    organization? I mean, Jesus didn't tell his disciples to record their time, did he?"

"Certainly, I would do that. But why would you care if I reported the time?"

"Because it's the only way I could be sure this arrangement is from God. If you report the time, then I
    would think perhaps this is just some corporation that sells books or a person with grand lofty goals of
    advancement in his bulls&@t organization trying to use me. I would have to spell out what God's
    organization would be willing to do to prove it really is God's organization."

"Okay."

They will still count it, though. Many pioneers are getting smarter and rounding their time off to whatever
    they need, anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit