Would Any of You be Interested in going Door to Door?

by smellsgood 52 Replies latest jw friends

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

As part of a cult awareness campaign of sorts??? To de-ignorize (new word) householders and give them tools for engaging a cult member on their door step? I had that idea and got some positive feedback...so, any of you would find that something you would want to participate in ?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

You read my mind. I was just thinking of such a thing earlier. To actually follow car groups out and just go to the doors that people talked to them. Say that before they read that magazine or started that Bible study perhaps we could just have a moment of their time. Assure the householder that we will be brief. Leave our own literature on top of theirs, out of sight of course so as not to draw attention to would- be robbers of "not at homes". Oh the joy of the "service is exhausting, we've already been out an hour" coffee break at Tim Horton's or McDonald's. We can wear whatever we like, I'll probably opt for jeans or shorts and a t-shirt with a slogan, maybe one from the Silent Lambs web-site. Now I've really got that pioneer spirit.I

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I admire your dedication. But I aint going door-to-door again till the next life.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

De-ignorize you say? LMAO That's great. I forgot the most important thing about anti-service. We can mail our time slips in at the end of the month.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

De-ignorize you say? LMAO That's great. I forgot the most important thing about anti-service. We can mail our time slips in at the end of the month.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah, I wouldnt mind doing that, since Stratton vs. WTBTS guaranteed that right, use their own court victories against them.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Maybe just one day blitzes when there was a special campaign. I'm thinking news reporters might be interested,they do love a good witness bashing. Not a lot of effort really for some good publicity.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

While the thought has merit, doesn't such a campaign run the risk of having you come off as just as odd and intrusive as the JWs in service?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I guess it could, but most people would probably be more apt to listen to US. Your starting line ould be "Im not here to push a religion, sell a vacuum, get your vote, Im only here to warn of a child destroying cult"

• Mary
    Mary
    To actually follow car groups out and just go to the doors that people talked to them. Say that before they read that magazine or started that Bible study perhaps we could just have a moment of their time. Assure the householder that we will be brief.

While this is a good idea in theory, in reality I don't think it's such a good idea. People get annoyed when the Witnesses come around and most people do not take the literature. Can you imagine if, two minutes after the Dubs' visit, they hear another knock at the door? Only this time it's to talk about the ones that just left. Not only would that come across as weird, it could almost be seen as 'stalking' and creepy. The householder would realize that you had been watching their house and they would not like that one bit. The whole thing would probably end up as a disaster.

If you want to go door to door, I would recommend the following: Obtain a copy of the latest WT & Awake ragazines---the ones that the Dubs will be placing at the door. Then do a flyer up outlining the inconsistencies, lies or cover up complete with references and drop them off in people's mailboxes. Don't even bother ringing the doorbell. That way, when the Witnesses show up, the householder would be more aware than before of some of the lies that they're being fed (that's assuming they even give a rat's ass about whats being written in these magazines).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit