2nd degree sunburn help

by roflcopter 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowman
    Nowman

I was in Arizona with my mom a couple of years ago and fell asleep in the sun for 2-1/2 hours. I had had one Fat Tire Beer and nothing else. My mom eventually came and got me, I sort jumped out of the lounging chair which caused me to feel real dizzy, so I sat down. Then I walked inside my mom's house, my legs felt the same way (scorched), like blood vessels wanted to break, then I was standing beside her couch, ready to throw up, I fainted and hit my chin on the wood of the couch. My mom and my husband (fornicators at the time though ) carried me to the bath tub to put me in COLD water to revive me. My mom had called 911. Well, spent the afternoon in the emergency room hooked to an IV because I was severely dehydrated. Plenty of fluids is the right way to go. Yet, your legs are swelling too, you just may want to go see the doc....

Hope you feel better, I had second degree burns on my chest area since I had gone to Hawaii when I was 13 years old. When I am not tan, my chest area (under the neck, before the breasts ) has faint little red areas (in spots), not bumps, but little red circles. Its been that way since I burned so bad at the time.

Take care, I share your pain.

Nikki

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

As a pasty strawberry blond I'll agree with everyone saying aloe vera, that stuff works well on sunburns. <-- not angry, sunburnt

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Scully, just to make sure, he can use the Motrin AND Tylenol together...right?

When my kids get a fever, their fever won't break until we use them both together...since it helps with pain using them together could help as well. I'm not a nurse or Dr so ask a Pharmasist or a nurse first just to be sure. The only thing is I think Motrin is every 6 hours and Tylenol is every 4, so you'd have to wait until you can take your next motrin. Or you can alternate them.

Again, I'm not a Nurse or Dr...just saying what I do when my kids are in pain or with a fever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit