My D/A letter

by done4good 21 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good

After managing a successful fade, the long thread started by nvrgnbk made me think a bit. Up until then, I maintained a fairly hardline stance that the borg would need to d/f me if they really wanted me "out". But then, I began to consider a few things. First of all, I DID manage a successful fade. No one calls me, and my family dosen't speak to me anyway. I have no vested interest in "officially" remaining a jw. There is simply no benefit to me anymore for doing so. I believe the congregation elders and the society should know my position, (and I DO feel an inner need to set the matter straight with myself), so I decided to d/a. Here is my letter, simple and to the point:

Dear Body of Elders:

This letter is to inform you that I no longer wish to be associated with Jehovah’s Witnesses. This decision has been made due to issues of both lack of integrity and honesty on the part of the organization. I suggest you do your own research, and come to your own conclusions.

Regards,

Jason P. Vanrell

Some Questions for Consideration:

1. Was Jerusalem really destroyed in 607 B.C.E.?

2. What was Beth Sarim?

3. What is a UN NGO and why would the Society want to be one?

4. What is the Society’s position on reporting known pedophiles in the congregation to the authorities?

5. What happened during the 1960’s and 1970’s with Malawi and Mexico?

6. What is Pyramidology? And why would Charles Taze Russell want to use this practice?

7. When was the idea of a Governing Body actually formed? Did the president and Vice President actually want this at the time of its inception?

8. What was the significance of 1874, 1881, 1925, or 1941?

9. Was C.T. Russell an Adventist?

10. Was Joseph Rutherford chosen to succeed Russell?

• ilovegravy
    ilovegravy

You ask some excellent questions there mate, and like you Ive managed a successful fade. However I got to thinking that if I gibbed it, then that would in fact mess up the numbers and I would go down in history as one of the few to have taken control of my life and beat them to it lol. So why should I give them the satisfaction. My letter is also written and will be posted today. However, mine is a heap less literate.

I wish you well my friend

Uncle Gravy

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Nice letter, short and to the point!!! We can only hope that the questions would make them at least investigate, but probably not!!

Here's to wishful thinking!!

nj

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Maybe a few references to the various questions might make it simpler to research for them. Also, a copy to the Rank & File might help too.

Outaservice

• zack
    zack

Good for you. I like you showed no animosity.

Best of luck!

• done4good
    done4good
    Maybe a few references to the various questions might make it simpler to research for them.

I thought about that. But I reconsidered, because my intent is to make them think, and come to their own conclusions. Leading them to the answers seldom helps in dealing with these people.

j

btw: I just put it in the mail.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Good luck! Imagine being a fly on the wall when they read it

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Done4good,

EXCELLENT letter!! Short, and to the point. I am sure this will not be the first time they have seen these issues, so no real need to go into all of them.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Great letter done4good.

I agree with you, if you don't benefit in any way from being an inctive jw, there is no point remaining one. Also, it gets you off their list of inactive ones that might receive a future "encouraging" visit from the elders or even the co. One of the main reasons I da'd was to avoid such visits myself.

• done4good
    done4good

Thanks, everyone for your replies and wishes of luck. I don't regret this decision one bit. I guess it's a little too early in the week to celebrate though...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit