What are some of the things that you miss about not being a JW

by Brain Dead 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

What are some of the things that you miss about not being a JW any more ?

For myself I'd have to say it was the close relationships with the people there, some I don't miss at all, but some I really do miss, like the kids that I grew up with

during my childhood. The only jws.kids I was to only associate with for example and oh yes the girls, the oh so many girls especially at the assemblies, dam those were fun times

And important too of course would be my family breaking up most of us are now non-jws. this of course disabled having a close relationship with a few of my personal family members

my father, a brother and a sister. But to be truthful there are more things I don't miss, the list is to long to mention so I'll close and end it there.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

There is nothing real that I miss.

It was all based upon an illusion.

Sometimes an illusion provides comfort.

But I prefer reality, no matter how cold or ugly.

• brinjen
    brinjen

There was a couple of friends that I miss, there were others who when I left (and the cong had been told I was smoking) I walked past in the street with a sigh of relief like "great, I don't have to pretend I like you now!"

But the meetings, door-to-door witnessing, endless studies etc don't miss for a second.

• juni
    juni

I miss some of my former friends, but I found their friendship is conditional. So really there is nothing I miss.

Oh maybe the soft serve ice cream at the circuit assemblies....... though they don't even have the machine anymore I've heard.

Well then. I guess my answer is nothing there that I miss.

Juni

• moshe
    moshe

Nothing, I miss nothing from my years as a JW. At the age of 21 I took a left fork in the road that was supposed to lead to a paradise on earth. Instead it lead to over 15 years of wasted opportunities. I wonder what would have happened, if I had taken the right turn instead?

• exwitless
    exwitless

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. As NVRGNBK stated, any "relationships" I developed were all an illusion and very conditional. My experience as a dub for 14 years was a complete waste. Nope, I have no warm fuzzy feelings about anything having to do with being a JW.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I didn't really have much of a social life there since the local congos were quite closed though there were some very nice individuals. So I don't really miss anything from that time. There were nice girls around but nice girls are everywhere.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I don't miss anything yet because I'm not officially gone just newly awakened. What I will miss is my best friend and my niece.Nothing else.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Sports. I used to play hockey, basketball, curling, etc. Of course when I quit I was no longer welcome. I simply don't have the time to try and get into leagues at this point in my life either.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i miss not having to make any decisions for myself... oh wait i dont mis that!!! i definitely dont miss the lies and false friends... i dont miss anything...

the infamous one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit