What do you do to fill the void?

by R.F. 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• R.F.
    R.F.

I know many of you are DFed, DAed, and faded. What do you do to fill the void of the time left that was devoted to the religion? I just like to know what activities you all are into.

• Mum
    Mum

There is a diverse group here to say the least. I am interested in language. I watch foreign films and TV shows and take classes in language as well as business subjects and anything else that strikes my fancy. I do volunteer work for a local arts organization, for the city parks department, and the fire department's annual christmas party for children living in motels in town. I travel when I can, but money is tight right now.

There are many other things I would like to do. For example, I would like to learn quilting, and I will when I get to it. My friend and I are trying to start a candy bouquet business. I also plan to go to real estate school.

There's never a void.

Regards,

SandraC

• Odrade
    Odrade

I don't experience a "void" either. I finally have breathing space to pursue interests, run a business, and just hang out drinking coffee if I feel like it. Whew!

• R.F.
    R.F.

Okay Okay....erase the word "void, insert "time". LOL!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Read good books.

Walk on the beach.

Swim in the ocean.

Play and write and bitch on the internet.

Plan trips, like to Anime conventions . . . and to DragonCon 2007 (Yeah, I know, beating a dead horse to death).

Go to school and get a degree.

Devote more time to work and earning money to spend on stuff I like, rather than on dumb, boring, bad books of the Crap Society.

Watch my daughter learn and grow free of cult-control freaks!

Expose the nasty religion for what it is, as often as I like, free from fear. They've already done their worst to me, and here I am, alive and well - and facilitating their downfall.

"It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine" is playing on the radio. And I do feel fine.

• flipper
    flipper

r.f. flipper here. mrs. flipper and I have lots of hobbies we do in spare time (non working time). I have my own business so I really enjoy relaxing. We play scrabble, mrs. flipper gardens, just watched Borat last night and died laughing, (without worrying about not watching R rated movies) .We love to hike or go camping in the mountains, since we live in the mountains, listen to blues music, go hear bands play it and at home on the stereo. Love to golf, we read books, crises of conscience(lol), my college son goes with us hiking on mountain trails. I collectearly 1900's art, mountain sceneries, wildlife prints and frame them. We have 70 on the walls at our house. Have done it for 9 years. Buy the art off the internet.So we have alot of interests. What about you? R.F.?

• choosing life
    choosing life

I felt a void when I stopped all meetings. I filled my time with a part time job, gardening, reading, spending more time with the grandkids.

Then, for fun, I go to more concerts, travel and just enjoy life.

I also learned how to enjoy my alone time. Now, I am not sure how I ever found time for all that "theocratic" stuff.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Live.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I felt so rushed before when I did go to all the mtgs and out in service. That when I stopped it was actually nice. But now I have just managed to cram that much more into my life, so that I once again feel rushed all the time. I have often wondered how JWs do it, considering I generally leave the house by 7 and don't get home til after 7, if I went to the mtgs I would never see the light of day.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I've just begun to loosen the shackels that the org has on me a bit. I'm still an active JW. Im an MS and pioneer and i've slacked on the pioneering. I've used alot of that time to spend more time with family doing more things with them. It's now pretty much like looking_glass said, I don't feel so rushed anymore. Especially with my brother dying recently i've seen the importance of really cherishing my family instead of putting them on the backburner for the organization. I can't wait until i'm fully free from it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit