What kind of recliner do you like?

by averyniceguy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I am thinking of getting a brand new recliner, my recliner is 15 years old, I would like to know what kind of recliner should I consider and where are they located? I want a very comfortable recliner.

Thank you!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I bought a Lazy Boy reclining couch, so 2 people can recline. It's made of tough leather, so I'm hoping it can withstand Rocco's chewing. So far it's holding up well - no damage from Rocco yet. It cost about $2200.

W

• ninja
    ninja

I bought a LADYBOY recliner...looks good and has a ""little bit extra""....but makes you a little bit uncomfortable when you lie down on it due to "hidden surprises"

• restrangled
    restrangled

Oh stop! A recliner is any woman's nightmare with decorating. How about a beautiful leather chair and foot stool.

NO RECLINERS ALLOWED IN THIS HOUSE!

r.

• blondie
    blondie

1) consider where you will put it in the room. Some have a "wall-away" feature; some swivel so you can face several directions.

2) Pick one that fits your body size

3) Pick one what while comfortable will endure

4) Consider the fabric whether rough, or too hot, etc. I personally hate leather furniture; so does hubbie so we are a match on that

5) Consider the arms; don't get wooden arms if you tend to rest your arms

6) I have a small towel that I flip over where I put my head...

7) Consider a darker color...hides the dirt and pet hair

8) Be sure that whatever chair you get that you have something to move it in; and that it will fit past all the nooks and crannies it needs to to get to its final resting spot.

(swivels)

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I love the feel of leather! Especially for cleaning, allergies and the cool feel of it if it is in an airconditioned room. Recliners are tricky to find one that fits your body. We went with a reclining sofa.It is a CATNAPPER. We got it on sale at a going out of business sale. $900 was a great price. Love it except for the fact when we are both reclined, we can't see each other!!!! The center cushion stays upright and you feel all alone. Just another pair of legs to see. So next we plan on 2 separate recliners, and hopefully swivel rocker ones. They are kind of hard to find, but possible. Hope you find one that makes you say "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"!
    Kitten Whiskers

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Treat yourself to a Natuzzi leather recliner.

It's worth it. Buy it on sale and it won't cost much more than a regular recliner.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

To be honest I'm not big on leather furniture either. I chose leather because it's durable and because cockatoos produce a lot of white dust, so the leather's easier to clean. I bought a nice throw for it, and I have an old one too for when the bird is on the couch with me. I never get to use the nice one because Rocco raises hell if I'm in the room and don't let him out of the cage. My nice, expensive throw still has the price tag on it because I've never used it.

The downside to having a recliner couch is the distance I have to keep between it and the coffee table.

W

• blondie
    blondie

The downside to having a recliner couch is the distance I have to keep between it and the coffee table.

Good point, and I was considering getting a recliner couch.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I found a good leather one at Big Lots for about $275.00. I like it.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit