Stolen Watchtower art

by needproof 39 Replies latest jw friends

• needproof
    needproof

AH! The penny has finally dropped. NEVER GOING BACK, it was in my face all along as I read your name ! lol.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    AH! The penny has finally dropped. NEVER GOING BACK, it was in my face all along as I read your name ! lol.

Just figured out my nick needproof? Too funny! I get that all the time. It's true. I'm never going back to the cult. Nvr!

• ninja
    ninja

pity you're not called nvrcmnbk......muhahahaha ....nnja

• blondie
    blondie

It is possible to use art from another source with permission, and not necessarily for a fee. I wonder if this investigation went farther what the other magazines involved would say? I haven't read the website...did Stern say it was a "steal"?

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

A great find! Obviously, the WT once again speaks with forked tongue when they take copyright infringement to the courts (Quotes and other sites shut down) and ignore crediting items which they decide to "borrow".

That's an assumption, in this case and on my part. I suppose it's possible (not probable) they asked Stern's permission. One could resolve this very easily by writing to Stern and asking the question -- citing the subject issue. If Stern did not, in fact, give permission they will be happy to hear from you and it's probable that WT attorneys will be paid an unfriendly visit.

If you send some type of inquiry to Stern, please let us know.

Len Miller

• garybuss
    garybuss

I see it's the same picture, but how would I know if the picture was used with or without permission? The Watch Tower Publishing Corporation admits to buying pictures and borrowing information to use in their media business.

• needproof
    needproof

Well, it would be nice to receive the plaudits for this, but I actually read it on a website:

Here is the website I found this information

• blondie
    blondie

I'm looking at today's 4/15/07 rag and on page 3 the credit is on the far left lower left corner. on page 16 on the lower right hand center.

Pictures also have expirations too just like other copyrighted material.

I would just check with Stern, probably not the first JW or ex-JW to do so. I wonder how many letters Paul got at the UN?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yeah, i always thought of the women in the live forever book were really hot. if i were an angel, i probably would've given up being a slave to hook up with them. hahahahahahaha

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

BTW, the Stern-Title reads "The Naked and the Rich"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit