Are we in love with our own pain?

by nvrgnbk 36 Replies latest jw friends

• bernadette
    bernadette

Just to add that for many people dealing with suffering won't make it disappear once and for all - it will keep coming back - but we have to remember to keep on dealing with it. But we do have the option of choosing to live self respecting loving lives despite suffering.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks bernadette.

• Scully
    Scully

scully,

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

- yoda

tetra....

I remember that now....

LTNS, buddy!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ltns scully! wow, i missed that thread...

so, do you still think they are like wits? i see them more like monastic ninjas who had to have no attachments in order to perform in the way they did. extreme concentration is required. almost a faith in themselves in the moment. attachments weigh. i mean, not anyone who wanted to recite an oath could be a jedi, unlike the wits.

if a JW had the courage to say to himself: "today i will search for the roots of the fear i experience regardless of what i learn." - he'd be on a path from getting out of pain, according to yoda.

Jedi Testify! LOL,

tetra

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

The weekend simply wouldn't be the weekend without the work week. Pain is necessary to polarize pleasure. Without one, there cannot be the other. I embrace both.

FBF

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The weekend simply wouldn't be the weekend without the work week. Pain is necessary to polarize pleasure. Without one, there cannot be the other. I embrace both.

The presence of loved ones is not appreciated fully if one has not felt their absence?

Money is not fully appreciated by those who have not gone without it?

A warm hearth is not appreciated by one who has never felt cold?

A meal is not truly enjoyed if it is not eaten in response to hunger?

Makes sense to me.

Thanks FBF!

• Scully
    Scully

tetra:

do you still think they are like wits? i see them more like monastic ninjas who had to have no attachments in order to perform in the way they did. extreme concentration is required. almost a faith in themselves in the moment. attachments weigh. i mean, not anyone who wanted to recite an oath could be a jedi, unlike the wits.

Well, in the context that I noted in the other thread - about 'training yourself to let go of everything you are afraid to lose' - yeah, I still think the WTS does a number that way on the JWs. You're afraid of losing your kids/spouse/parents/siblings to The World™ or Apostasy™ or to Loose Conduct™ or Immorality™? Get used to the idea of them being DFd, of never speaking to them again or seeing them again. It's for their own good, it's to Keep the Organization Clean™, it's the Loving™ thing to do. If you can absolve yourself of the attachments, of emotions for others, you, too, can be one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

But I get what you're saying too - I enjoyed Liam Neeson in Batman Begins - Henri was the same ninja-esque kind of character as Qui-Gon Jinn in The Phantom Menace.

BTW, I was seriously considering adding "Jedi" to my facebook profile instead of atheist. But it's been done to death. LOL

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

I don't think so psychologically speaking, but think it's important for us realize from where are pain is derived from and how it came to be. Most of time it involves walking backward a few steps

and analyze what brought us to this state, discern the appropriate correction in are behavior and start walking forward again in a wiser and more mature fashion

By the way I'm looking for brains any kind will do, big ones, small ones, tiny ones ( I guess I better go to a kingdom hall to find those ) partial or whole, used or partially used.

I've seemed to have lost mind and I can't find it anywhere

• bluebell
    bluebell

like mum i think i am predisposed to melancoly (sp!) and depression - we have addicts, drunks, manic depressives and suicides mostly on my fathers side but some on my moms too. i do try to get out of fugues but sometimes i do wallow in them, enjoying the suffering so to speak. i think jwd is making me realise i need to grow up. i may be 31 but im not grown up emotionally.

• Es
    Es

I agree with Sparkplug, It days take me time to deal with my pain but once its dealt with I move on, I use whatever experience has caused me pain to make sure it doesnt happen again. Ive seen pain destroy too many lives, we are not on his earth long enough we should enjoy what time we have. Im not dismissing peoples pain at all by this comment

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit