So......online dating sites; yay or nay?

by tim hooper 42 Replies latest social relationships

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry, Mate, hold on. Keep your mind and heart open. Don't go out looking for her, just FOCUS on LIVING YOUR LIFE and getting the most out of it that you personally can, and just when you have completely stopped looking for Mrs. Right, she may just fall into your lap. Literally or figuratively, time will tell.

I met my "soulmate" and married her many years ago. Nothing will ever come even close to that experience. I was not worthy and blew it.

Can't fool myself that comes along more than once (if that).

A person is either ready (and worthy) of a great relationship or they are not. I'm not and never will be.

If I don't honestly face that as a fact of life I'm in for sad times, guv'nor.

I'm able to give and take in short doses of inspiration. However, long term.....? Put your money on a different greyhound, matey.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am afraid to get into online dating. I am not judging anybody who does this. I have heard some have had success but I just don't have the patience or the desire to peel away the layers. Personal profiles and witty sayings don't mean anything to me. Like Terry, I also believe it is ultimately about chemistry.

LHG

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Okay new hint - FACEBOOK! It lets you join groups of random interests and that way you can find somebody at least with one thing in common with you.

I have just met this hot hot hot hot freaking hot soldier on there who isn't too far away!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit