KOOL-AID.. Need info please

by AlphaOmega 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

Amazing how kool aid got negative assocations from the acts of the deranged cultic leader. It's the kind of publicity that every company dreads and it wasn't even kool aid they used.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Here's a question for you......If the brothers locked the doors at a D.C. and brought out the Kool-Aid (real poisoned stuff); and the Bethel speaker explained the GB had decided we all had to drink to please Jehovah, how many there would drink?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    If the brothers locked the doors at a D.C. and brought out the Kool-Aid (real poisoned stuff); and the Bethel speaker explained the GB had decided we all had to drink to please Jehovah, how many there would drin

I've always maintained that this could be a reality. If the GB were to make a decision like this and work the End up into a frenzy of certain dates over the course of a year and then play the 'drink the koolaid' card on the day Armaggedon is going to hit - I don't doubt for a minute that JW's would go along with it. They could most certainly use the reasoning that if the congregations take the drink, that it would only put them to sleep until the disasters ended and when they woke up, they would begin cleaning up the earth for Jehovah. I think back to 75 and people selling homes, quitting jobs, getting married, refusing to have kids - and don't doubt they would follow the same hysteria now. I also believe that JW's if told it was what Jehovah wanted - would do it in a heartbeat; after all - they were told not to vaccinate and didn't; told not to have kids and didn't; told not to take blood and didn't - if they were told not to take any medical services right now - they wouldn't. In following direction from the GB in all of these things they already sacrifice their lives and the lives of all of their families now. They cast off their families now by disfellowshipping and treat them as dead. They've already reached the half way point - IMO...sammieswife.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I still "shutter" even after 20+ years of leaving the WTS the control that was on me,,that I would have died for JWdom,,on the blood issue if it had even come up. Some of my friends now have said I probably would have taken it (transfusion) if it was necessary. I inform them thank you for the compliment as I have come a long way but I know I would not have taken a transfusion then at all cost.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Drink up brothers and sisters! If anyone needs assistance with balky children please let the attendants know and they will hold them down while you pinch their nose until they open their mouths.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Leolaia said:

Anyone see the segment on it on History Rocks this week on the History Channel? It was a long segment with lots of archival audio and footage set to the music of Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper". I really recommend catching it if it airs again. I really wish I had taped it.

You'll have the opportunity to see it again. This episode of History Rocks replays Sunday June 3 at 5 pm Eastern Time (4pm Central, and 5pm Pacific) on the History Channel.

Title:History Rocks
    Episode:The '70s Part 1
    Description:Jonestown; Jimmy Hoffa; the 747 and the Concorde; Watergate; muscle cars; CB radios; Elvis Presley meets Richard Nixon.
  • juni
    juni

Welcome AlphaOmega to the forum! So many new ones join and I can't keep up with it.

An excellent book that "fullofdoubtnow" (Linda) recommended to me is called, "SEDUCTIVE POISON". I just ordered it from our library system. The author is Deborah Layton who was a Jim Jones's follower and in Guyana at that time, but got out before the mass suicide/murder of so many people including children. It is her true story about cult life. She is a professor at Stanton University in California who teaches about cults and how people get seduced by them.

If you want further information, I'm sure Linda or dedpoet (Trev, her husband) would love to help you. Just click on their alias name and when the box drops down click on "send message". They are a wonderful and helpful couple.

Juni

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thanks, Gopher. Everyone watch it.... it's really well done.

• Mum
    Mum

I am with Gayle. The Kool-Aid incident to me is the symbol of blind obedience, a reminder of the Watchtower's catch phrase, "obedience unto death." There was an article in the Awake! magazine after the Jonestown incident about something like fortifying your mind and not going along with something harmful to oneself. This was totally "new light" to me because I had been taught that the FDS knew what was best and that obedience (blindly) was it!

It's interesting that they economized by buying an off brand of powdered drink mix. No need to waste a penny on killing the poor disenfranchised souls caught in your trap. No horror film could be worse...

Regards,

SandraC

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Jehovah's Witnesses drink figurative Kool Aid every day. On average, three are ordered to commit suicide by refusing blood transfusion every day

Personally I find the multiple reference to kool-aid a little over bearing, but I will also agree that there is a shocking comparison when you look at the effects of the blood doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit