hypnosys experience?

by Hermano 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hermano
    Hermano
    You have had unexplained blackouts, but instead of consulting a doctor, you suspect demons. Now that is dangerous! You may have a serious medical condition!

I do not have a medical condition. Come on guys, give me a little credit here. I grew up in the Trooth, but I did go to college.

But now I know their is a medical explanation for it, and it is common.

According to what I read it is "common," but I couldn't really find an explanation for it. I found attempts at explanation. Nothing I would call a hard fact.

• Hermano
    Hermano
    BTW when I vacuum, I frequently hear my children calling me.

Maybe your vacuum has a medical condition.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

In the process of trying to discover the "real truth" I did look into the supernatural.

Personally I think that a spirit realm cannot be reliably debunked. But just because one is a spirit doesn't make it a demon or an angel. It doesn't make God or Satan exist.

In my research, I didn't find a credible link from hypnotism to spiritsm. In my opinion, the two aren't related. Your mid day black out very well could have been you experiencing your hypnotic trigger randomly.

Think about it, religion tells us that anything that can't be explained is demonic. That is in many of our heads. Then when something happens that we can't explain, the natural response is to wonder about demons.

So you continued to enter a hypnotic state while worried about demonic influence. To me that's the same as watching a scary movie before going to sleep. You would have been tainting your hypnotism/dreams respectively.

Just my thoughts.

• Hermano
    Hermano
    Your mid day black out very well could have been you experiencing your hypnotic trigger randomly.

Interesting idea, Para. That seems plausible to me.

So you continued to enter a hypnotic state while worried about demonic influence. To me that's the same as watching a scary movie before going to sleep. You would have been tainting your hypnotism/dreams respectively.

That is a valid point. I was aware I was doing it but couldn't help myself. You are right, I was bringing with me the preconceived idea that I was opening myself up to demonic influence. I wish I could rid myself of that idea and then do the hypnosis again. I wonder if it would yield different results.

• sinis
    sinis

I have been hyonotised as has my wife. I was in the hospital around two years ago with sever burns and towards the end of my stay a doctor came in who wanted to try some new therapy. He asked if I would be willing to try a drug free type of pain relief. I agreed since the painkillers were having a bad effect (GI problems, etc.). Anyway, my wife was next to me and he kept saying to relax, then he painted a picture, and put us in it. I swear to god that I was there. The pain was gone for about a day before I had to start taking the med again. My wife experienced the same thing (felt like we were in the picture he painted). He gave me some papers to read over and try to induce hypnosis on yourself. He basically described it as being able to relax yourself to the point that you enter the same type of brain waves (I believe beta) you experience when you start to dream. It was very cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit