• Undine
    Undine

Freeman,

What a touching experience! Brought tears
    to my eyes.

Your son is SO fortunate to have you as his
    father. And I can only imagine the intensity of relief
    you felt at being able to really talk with him about
    these issues that the organization expects you to keep shrouded.

My daughter was ten when her "elder" father began the process of
    twisting her mind against me, the "fallen witness." Five years have
    passed and his maniacal plot had hellish success insofar
    as Parental Alienation goes...

Just keep the conversations flowing with your son.
    YOU ARE AN EXCELLENT FATHER!!! APPLAUSE!!!

Undine

Time is thirsty
    Gulping seconds...sipping minutes...
    Pouring hours into days, months, years...
    Life...Drink it in for time is unquenchable

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

GREAT experience. How old is your son? Age isn't always everything - I understood a lot at a very young age and I am sure he would understand. It does take time. Even when I was 10, I had doubts. Including, why would God kill people at Armageddon just because they were not JW's, including innocent babies?

Another point on DFing -- Jesus said if you believe in him and have love for your God and fellow man - than you will enter into his paradise. Jesus ate with sinners, but the elders will DF you if you eat with sinners - totally un-scriptural. People were stoned before - are we going to do that, too? NO - why - because the bible changed it's rules after Jesus died. I almost wonder if the JW's would stone people if they could get away with it. The bible (Timothy wrote this) says women are not supposed to cut their hair - does that mean all JW women have long hair? NO! Lot's daughters had sex with their dad and they both got pregnant by him - where they punished? NO!

Please visit www.freeminds.org. It has lots of literature reviewing other false doctrines. A book I enjoyed other than COC has all their false dates and "new "light" old light things and so on showing how much the WT has changed over the years. Pull out the 1968 Awake and show that the WT did say in 1975. There are so many in discrepancies with their doctrines that are in direct conflict with what the bible says. The whole 1914 crap was based on the SDA and the Pyramid of Giza - a form of divination.

I would not focus as much on the blood issue as much as other points. The bible strictly forbids eating blood and to try to prove this point to a devout JW may become very difficult. To be honest, maybe it is more of a gray area type scenario - a conscience matter just like Paul had with meat sacrificed to idols - he ate it but didn't want to go blabbing to everybody that he did. Who knows. Keep up the good work - you are making wonderful headway!!

• muslima
    muslima

Since I left the organization - I am disowned
    so I was wondering...

Can you adopt me?

:O)

Love how you handled the situation...

• freeman
    freeman

Wow once again I find myself blown away by all the great responses. I’m truly glad sharing this experience has brought some measure of joy to many of you.

Alamb, I sent you a copy of the letter I sent to the elder about shunning as you requested. I hope it can be of some help to you.

Muslima, consider yourself adopted, and lucky you we just got Direct TV. House rules: Keep your room clean!

And to all you others, thanks for your words of encouragement, thank you one and all “my internet friends”.

freeman

• bboyneko
    bboyneko
    I would not focus as much on the blood issue as much as other points. The bible strictly forbids eating blood and to try to prove this point to a devout JW may become very difficult. To be honest, maybe it is more of a gray area type scenario - a conscience matter just like Paul had with meat sacrificed to idols - he ate it but didn't want to go blabbing to everybody that he did. Who knows. Keep up the good work - you are making wonderful headway!!

Mr moe you sound like you arent 100% convinced that the JW are wrong about this..i think the blood issue is VERY important because JW will DIE over this absurd beleif. The bible only condems eating blood in the old testament..it also condems eating animals that chew the cud, certain hoofed animals, fat, certain body parts of animals, certain meats like pork. These are dietary requirements, nothing more. Blood is only the symbol of life and your actual life is much more important.

also remember a blood transfusion and eating blood are COMPLETLEY different. Blood is not digested or broken apart in a transfusion, it remains blood and retains its function. It is never chewed, swallowed, passed through the digestive system, digested and broken apart into nutrients. It fits NO definition of eating at all. I think this is actually an easier doctrinal falacy to prove to a JW than other points such as the society not being inspired, AND it could save lives. Many jw after leaving the borg still have a phobia about blood, thinking 'well, it may not be bibilcally required but I could get AIDS...' Any research on blood screening processes will show you that you have better chances of winning lotteries than getting AIDS thru blood. Even if you are convinced about blood moe i thought id post that for the benefit of any lurkers.

-Dan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit