Newbie needs a favour

by boystartsover 19 Replies latest jw friends

• z
    z

I can help but this is not working can’t upload Hebrew on here don’t know why if you wish you can pm me with your email…. AlpahaOmega your #2 post is not Hebrew this is Yiddish (Jewish ) all do its Hebrew character

Z

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I am looking for a portion of John 8:7 written in Hebrew, but traditional hebrew script. I would like the following phrase "Let the one among you without sin cast the first stone"

Was the book of John ever written in Hebrew? I thought that it was part of the Greek scriptures?

• Mum
    Mum

The story you cite, if I recall correctly, is not in the New World Translation, but perhaps in a footnote of some Bibles, because it is somehow spurious.

It would be difficult to find this in Hebrew, I would think, because it is in the New Testament, therefore, probably not in Jewish scripture. Probably your best bet would be to hire a person who speaks English and Hebrew to translate it and write it out for you.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards,

SandraC

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    …. AlpahaOmega your #2 post is not Hebrew this is Yiddish (Jewish ) all do its Hebrew character

OOPS !

I couldn't find this in Aramaic because some of the texts says that this wasn't found in the Aramaic / Greek texts.

And there was me thinking that I was being clever. It looks like I know as much about Hebrew as Fred Franz did !

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome....pm richierich...he should be able to help.

Peace

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

This site is pretty nice! If you type in the text, it converts it to Greek. It uses the "Septuagint" for it's sources.

http://www.jesus.org.uk/bible/Greek+OT+(Septuagint)+(symbol)/1/1

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Boystartsover,

WELCOME to the forum!! We are glad to have you here and look forward to more of your posts!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Welcome to the board!

What an awesome idea for a tattoo.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If you are able to find the portion of this passage that you seek, keep in mind that Hebrew is read right-to-left, not left-to-right like English. While a sdrawkcab ootat thgim kool looc, a nosrep ohw nac daer ti dluow dnif ti gnisuma...

These links might be helpful:

http://foundationstone.com.au/HtmlSupport/OnlineHebrewTutorial/Html/15_Lesson.html

Since Judaism does not permit tatoos, and the text you want to translate is christian, it is unlikely that a rabbi would be very interested in helping with your project. But who knows? You might find a very liberal reformed rabbi who would help you. I think no orthodox or Hassidic rabbi would.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Probably 'Jews for Jesus' would be a better bet than a rabbi.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit