Newbie needs a favour

by boystartsover 19 Replies latest jw friends

• boystartsover
    boystartsover

Hello all,

I'm new here. Been a fade away for quite a few years now. Wrote my letter and had my name removed from the list late last year.

I hate to just jump in and ask for help right away but I was hoping someone on here might be able to help me. I am lloking for Hebrew writing. I have tried everything I can think of. Babelfish, bible stores, google you name it. I even went into a local synagouge to see if I could find some one. I am looking for a portion of John 8:7 written in Hebrew, but traditional hebrew script. I would like the following phrase "Let the one among you without sin cast the first stone"

Yes...it's for a tattoo. It symbolizes something very important to me. Is there anyone out there that can help me? I would really appreciate it.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Boy,

I do not know Hebrew, have a tat, or a clue.

I just wanted to say, "welcome."

Take care in your new Journey,

V

• free2think
    free2think

Hi I dont know hebrew either, but i just wanted to say Welcome to the board Boystartsover

• AlphaOmega
  • DJK
    DJK

Boy;

Welcome to the forum.

Do you know a Jewish tattooist? If Alpha is correct, that will be some tattoo.

• Open mind
    Open mind

The only manuscript I could find of John's writing: It was all Greek to me.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Your post was like Ripple to a wino.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

And if this post stays near the top of the heap long enough I'll bet someone like Leolaia or Narkissos might be able to point you in the right direction.

Open Mind

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

alt

I thought that having the transliteration MIGHT be useful

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! That is going to be a super long tat. Good Luck with that.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Hei, Boy, welcome from a fellow newbie,

I may be mistaken but if it is an original quotation that you want to tatoo, you must find the aramaic text because, as far as I know, Jesus wouldn't speak hebrew. In addition, although this stone throwing passage is perhaps the most quoted one in the whole Bible, it is quite dubious as to its authenticity ; but many people like it because it pats the hair the smooth way.

• z
    z

ops no Hebrew

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit