How Do You Let Go Of Your Guilt?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• brinjen
    brinjen

Guilt is a two edged sword used effectively by the WTS. If you feel guilty - BUSTED! you've done something wrong and you should be doing more in their jehovah's service. If you don't feel guilty, you're doing something wrong, you're unrepentant and you should be doing more in their jehovah's service.

It's a mind control tool and a very effective one at that. Especially with those who have low self esteems (as was in my case).

As Tyrone has pointed out...

Knowledge of yourself and phycholgy helps as well.

I'm 'lucky' in one aspect, I was the only surviving member in my family who was still with the dubs so I had no family shunning me when I left. My Uncle helped me a lot. He was raised as a dub but ran screaming when he turned 17, never got baptized, just left home and went to university never to return to them. When I stopped attending he told me to

"If you believe it is the truth, then it's right for you, if you don't, then don't waste your time even thinking about them, why feel guilt over something you don't believe in?" That's good advice.

Once you understand why you (and so many others) feel this way, you get over your guilt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit