ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVE sheet on Blood----Check it Out

by Mary 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• gumby
    gumby

Can you imagine some 75 year old brother or sister reading this crap and trying to figure out 'what Jehovah wants them to do?'

They had a part at the meeting on that very thought.

They said to MAKE SURE you understand all the directives from the society as many needlessly have lost their lives in not doing so. I was shocked actually that the brother used that term, however I'm sure it wasn't in his outline and he was just a typical illiterate janitor who barely graduated.

Gumby

• luna2
    luna2
    Gumbo said: "They said to MAKE SURE you understand all the directives from the society as many needlessly have lost their lives in not doing so"

And the spin begins. It was never the WTS's fault that people lost their lives...no, it was rank ignorance on the part of the faithful. Just like it was their own choice to refuse blood, the good, kind WTS never forced anybody to do anything. Its Satan's influence and a sign of the times. Persecution, persecution, the end is nigh.

Slowly, slowly the blood policy will be dismantled until no one alive remembers what was originally required and it will devolve into saying a prayer before receiving blood or some other token song and dance. They'll be willing to accept the loss of the few JWs who remember or care to research the original stance. Thank Jehovah for this shiney new light.

• Mary
    Mary
    They said to MAKE SURE you understand all the directives from the society as many needlessly have lost their lives in not doing so. I was shocked actually that the brother used that term, however I'm sure it wasn't in his outline and he was just a typical illiterate janitor who barely graduated.

Don't be so sure. This is typical Bethel jargon: they screw up and blame it on the R&F. They did the same damn thing after 1975. No, this is being done to intentionally confuse people. And many of them will decide err on the side of caution rather than do something that might cost them everlasting life. Someone else said that the elders said the same damn thing at their Hall a while ago: "many have needlessly lost their lives..." so I doubt this was an isolated case.

• gumby
    gumby

Don't be so sure. This is typical Bethel jargon: they screw up and blame it on the R&F. They did the same damn thing after 1975. No, this is being done to intentionally confuse people. And many of them will decide err on the side of caution rather than do something that might cost them everlasting life.

Your right Mary in that the society uses confusion on the R&F. I believe they do this to save their own asses from the blunders they have made and so to keep lawsuits down, to keep the R&F complying with their doctrines, to keep from being exposed in the media, to keep doubts from entering the minds in the R&F, they confuse to the point that the publishers just swallow without hesitation what is fed to them.

How hard would it be to make it very clear to the publishers just EXACTLY what the directives are concerning the blood issue? If the publishers are actually losing their lives over confusion....why not make the blood issue and all it's policies a MAIN STUDY ARTICLE for the Sunday Watchtower Study? Why print these directives in a KM and usually only once? What's the chances that ALL dubs will read this or even be at the meeting in which this was discussed?

Anytime the society is guilty over a particular dogma they have set forth for the publishers to follow and they finally realise it was a mistake, they correct it in some subtle way so as not to draw any attention to themselves and leaving the poor publishers to fend for themselves in figuring out on their own what the hell it is that the society expects of them, and then when the publishers fail to figure out what that is and they suffer for it, the society says....."well, we told you what to do, why didn't you listen".

They are chickenshit liars and always will be.

Luna....so nice to have you back! Hope you stick around awhile this time.

Gumby

• blondie
    blondie

Just a note:

If you once listed yourself as a JW at any clinic or hospital or similar facility, before checking in, make sure they don't have you down as a JW. Don't assume your clinic will change it at the hospital just because they are part of the same financial entity.

It led a lively conversation about confidentiality of medical records and jws.

Blondie

• twinflame2
    twinflame2

I saw my husband's laying on the table last night before he went to the meeting. It was so weird to see two strangers' names filled in as his 'Agent'. My name wasn't on it anywhere, even as an emergency contact.

• Es
    Es
    I saw my husband's laying on the table last night before he went to the meeting. It was so weird to see two strangers' names filled in as his 'Agent'. My name wasn't on it anywhere, even as an emergency contact.

Thats so sad :(.

es

• zack
    zack

This makes my point exactly that they have trespassed the practice of religion and are practicing medicine and law. Are they licensed to do these things in all 50 states? Someone can complain to the bar at least about this blatant practice of law whithout clear guidance as to who the client really is? I think threr are big issue here that soemone with juice needs to be goaded into investigating. Hell, the defendant has DEEEP Pockets, what more of an incentive. And frankly, the defendants are pussys--- they never had a fight in the playground and got their noses bloodied. They need to learn how to lose and we need to aid them to that end.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I was always careful to make sure my mom wasn't my emergency contact. If the heat was on I know my dad would make the right decision even it brought the heat down on his fade. Now I just dodge the middle man and list my boyfriend of 2 years. We have the same feelings on religion, politics and medicine so it works out for the best that way.

• Mary
    Mary

I tore my old blood card up ages ago. Funny I haven't been offered a new one.There's no way they can keep the present "understanding" on the blood issue---it's too confusing. Either they're going to have to go more 'mainstream' and allow transfusions, or they're going to go back to taking a hard line again. I'm thinking they're going to do the latter. They did it with education, and I can't see them allowing the blood issue to become a "conscience matter".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit