How much control does the WTS really have?

by dozy 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PinTail
    PinTail

Case in point, if you are involved in a judicial situation with elders and go behind that closed door, there is not much you can do to protect your self other than get up off that chair and walk out with your head held high. Always remember Christ is your redeemer, not NO human or institution on this earth. Break free from "Landru and don't let him absorb you, Landru's will, does not have to be your will its ok to break free.

• Gill
    Gill

Dozy - I think a much more enlightening question would be, 'How much Control do the WTS really WANT?'

They interefere with every espect of their members life right down to how they spend their evenings ie either studying or at meetings. That's what they WANT but not realistically what they get. But they DO get the GUILT that is the constant load of their slaves.

I am eagerly anticipating the 'new' more private R and F Watchtowers that will come out next years. Then we will find out how much control they really WANT and may well get to see demonstrated for real how much they actually have!

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    am eagerly anticipating the 'new' more private R and F Watchtowers that will come out next years. Then we will find out how much control they really WANT and may well get to see demonstrated for real how much they actually have!

I agree. They might not have as much control has they want but it's sure they want more. I think the greatest victims are the children. I was raised in the lie and I did not have any control. You can not develop your true personality, so wen you want to deprogram yourself you have a lot more work to do then somebody who "chooses" to be part of the WT.

• sf
    sf

A no-brainer:

As much as {YOU} are WILL-ing to give, loan, barter and sacrafice.

The question SHOULD be:

How much MORE control are you willing to ALLOW/GIVE this fraud of a religion to let eat away at the quality of YOUR lifeBEFORE YOU PASS AWAY?

sKally

• flipper
    flipper

Mr. Flipper here. How much control? Too much.

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

The organization was conceived on the basis of empowering men and to make a monetary profit, this is what it was structured on

and old and proven way to gain control is to cultivate fear, fear draws attention and fear keeps the attention and the power that you have obtained.

I think the public awareness has grow on how these kind of religions operate themselves, certainly something that was not very present one hundred yrs. ago when this religion was

started.

Possibly one of the main reasons why so many eventually turn away form this religion is it over bearing control that it institutes on it followers, you essentially become a slave to only them,

one master and always placed at the foot of the master to be his discrete servant, this social ideology stems from bible times.......so why not become the master it certainly worth the try !

• golf2
    golf2

As much as YOU allow it's influenec to control you.

Golf

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

Desperate times brings desperate measures for this cult. Just look at the WT studies recently.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I marvel at how they pull it off.

As you mention, there is not much provision for direct coersion to address every day-to-day infraction...

The power of it all is in their finely-crafted model of reality, once you have adopted it as your own!

For the most part after you have gone down this path, you police yourself.

Most effort from HQ then is concentrated on maintaining this pseudo-reality through constant repetition.

The next line of defense is in instilling a sense of disgust and/or fear regarding promoters of counter or critical viewpoints. AKA information control.

So in essence, you become a prisoner of your own mind...a mind which was crafted by the WTS.

• LanDi
    LanDi

I find that a rather strange question !! I think the problem stems more down to insinuation , far more than actual - ' You must not ' or similar lines , although the Watchtower has frequently stated Jesus words ' My followers are no part of this world' and stretched it with comments such as ' Christians cannot move to the moon' cleverly insinuating that there is great peril outside the Org, and without actually realising it, you grow a subconscious fear of all things outside, especially mixing with outsiders for fear that you may be misled ( Kind of like a group of lions isolating its prey - trapped from out side help) Their pictures are also highly suggestive, I remember well over a decade ago reading an Awake article which showed a Christian (Witness) being invited into a pub - which he refused. This cutting off from Society surely does not give a very good Witness !

The scriptures are a gold mine for gaining control - a relative of mine who has recently become a Witness, one of the first scriptures they knew of by heart, down to page and verse was ' Beware of Bad associations.' You can see from that fact, the power of the Org beginning to gain control. Once in there's little coming out the scriptures say ' make sure of all things' yet a witness is not allowed to read anything contrary, "apostate" and is greatly discouraged from reading bible literature produced elsewhere - despite the huge quality of work produced by eminent biblical scolars. I can agree with avoiding the work of the likes of the Archbishop of Canterbury who reportedly does not even believe in God but this is bordering on ridiculous.

The society controls almost all aspects of your life through its articles, even down to releasing articles on what is acceptable communication (in Gods sight) in the Bedroom with your wife ( Who is the third person in the marriage - God - there is no biblical mention of a fourth - the WTS) Who assigned these clowns authority to control our lives to such a degree?

Oh wait, " the faithful and discreet slave." - appointed by his master over all his belongings, and the marvelous truths that have been uncovered ( such as 1975,1925, 1874, 2000(!) the generation of 1914 , the date 1914, ) Only enthusiasm to see the end of this wicked system , just like Jesus apostles. Yet they conceal the greatest wickedness of all.........................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit