Isn't Jehovah an Awesome God?

by neverendingjourney 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

And that's why when God created man, she was only joking!!!

• PEC
    PEC

The fact is that most pregnancies, do not make to to full term. Why do so many religions, oppose, both contraception and abortion? What is the big deal about another 1% or 2%? I just don't get it. Wait, I get it, babies are the best way of adding new members. The sooner you start the brainwashing the more likely it is to stick. It is not about killing babies, it is about adding more members.

Philip
  • neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    totally wrong. its satans work. he was leading mankind to rebellion and sin. the sin is a desease which all of that problems created. of course noone knows how "sin" created this "imperfection". bacteria which attack humans are well build and complex. even the process of aging is not simple.

This is an interesting theory, but much like the rest of the theories Bible literalists (JWs included) use to explain difficult questions, it just doesn't hold any water. As far as I know, bacteria doesn't play a major role in miscarriages. In fact,

"Chromosomal abnormalities of the fetus are the most common cause of early miscarriages"

http://www.medicinenet.com/miscarriage/page2.htm

So the problem is one of "design", not bacteria. Plus, wasn't bacteria created by God in the first place? Human beings, just like every other animal, display these types of defects that contradict the notion that we were created perfectly by our Creator. Trotting out the "Satan did it" response is just not a satisfactory explanation. Plus, even if we accept your explanation that Satan is really behind this, and taking the Bible literally to mean that we are human beings in the eyes of God while still in the womb, what did God think he was accomplishing by letting imperfection degenerate us to such a state where half of us will die before ever being born? It's this type of inconsistency that is preventing me from taking the Bible seriously. As a JW, I would stash these difficult questions in the back of my brain where I wouldn't think about them anymore. I refuse to do that now that I've regained my intellectual freedom.

• steve2
    steve2

Years ago I began to think that Jehovah was a bigger monster than Satan because Jehovah "enjoyed" infinitely greater power and will eventually thunder home the legitimacy of his blood-soaked violence. The principle is a universal one: The survival of the fittest. Or in this case, the bigger monster wins. The Old Testament (sorry, Hebrew Scriptures) God is a supremely vile one whose name had better be sanctified...or else.

Isn't it great to wake up and realise what an elaborate fairt story the Old Testament is? Scary stories for anxious people who cope by wrapping the hate-filled message in a thin coating of "love" and then demand from fellow humans that they too feel grateful for all Jehovah's given them. May the bigger monster win...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit