Latest Society edict: proper dress after conventions

by B_Deserter 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

Are Kingdom Spoons wooden? You know, the kind the "good" mothers brought with them to the meetings?

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Holy crap, I had no idea! That should go over big with all the teenagers who are dragged to the convention.

Here it gets up into the 90s and really humid in the summertime. How pleased Jehovah will be that the drones witnesses can't wear shorts in the blazing heat, after sitting all day in suits and pantyhose (not on the same person, of course.)

GGG

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The new apostate directive for conduct at the assembly:

(1) Bring with you a MP3 player with your favorite music, preferably at high enough a volume to be heard several rows out. This should be running at all times while the program is in session. The only exceptions are the ones that need to take notes so they can post the next ridiculous resolution(s).

(2) Show up in a T-shirt and shorts, preferably short enough to be blatantly immodest. The T-shirt should have your favorite advertisement or picture on it. A baseball cap (backwards) is optional. If it is cool enough for long pants, you should have them baggy and partway down so your underwear shows. Sneakers should be untied.

(3) Bring a Game Boy or Nintendo DS. The Sony portable system will do. Bring your favorite game cartridge(s)--Pokemon is highly recommended, particularly the Diamond and Pearl, due to the length of the game. Batteries should be well charged. You should play it so it can be heard several rows out, and for those whose games involve trading, you should trade characters during the program.

(4) When the applause starts, refrain from applauding. Start hissing and booing every time a ridiculous rule is suggested, they have a blatant guilt-trip experience, or they bash apostate Web sites. When the attendants get p*$*ed, give them the Finger.

(5) Bring plenty of snacks and toys for the children. You may also bring snacks for yourself to eat during the program, preferably as noisily and messily as possible. Gum is excellent for this.

(6) Take walking breaks whenever you feel like. Disrupt people in the row. Any attendants that try to stop you should just be given the middle finger. You may mill around as much as you want, making sure to talk whenever you feel like. If it disrupts the program, so what.

(7) As soon as the program is done, immediately take off the name badge. Change into your everyday clothes, assuming you haven't already showed up in them. Children have every right to be children and not mini drones. If they want to see something in the host city, by all means let them. The cost can easily be deducted from any donation.

(8) We are still having a major problem with excessive donations. The Watchtower Society took in more than $950 million in one recent year, and expended only $110 million. This represents about 85% profit. This is supposed to be a non-profit organization. Do NOT put any money in the donation boxes! If they announce their deficit, they can take it out of their huge profit.

(9) Feel free to blow off part or all of it. Children who are still in school absolutely must not attend the Friday session if it will take them away from any school activity. And that includes the going outdoors in the three-legged sack races that are so common in many districts. If school has already started and the assembly will take children out of school for one day, they should miss the assembly and go to school. This also goes for work. If you are managing a business, you should never under any circumstances take a critical day off from work to attend the assembly. You will lose irreplaceable value in doing so. The assembly is no different than next year or last year.

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

I am stuck going to the convention this year as my wife is still a follower. I have not worn a badge at the assembly for 15 years. This year I intend to get one so that can wear it on my tank top after the sessions while we go out to eat. Yes what a witness I will give in my tank top, shorts and sandals with a badge on. I can only hope I run in to people I used to know.

Ok, yeah your right. My wife will throw a caniption if I do that, but please, is there anyone out there who can? I would love to hear about the results. If it were only me by myself, I could do it. But we will be with the kids and her whole family-no chance. I am however going to dress comfortable after word. I will not make my kids wear their suits and dress. Life is too short to let stupid rules get in the way of freedom. My god, how much more obtuse can these guys get? Next year dubs will be required to eat dinner in their rooms or at the convention to avoid any contact with real people. It just gets better and better. This must be the "sorting" work. "Real dubs wear Khakis". " Old dubs never die, they just blend in with the dirt."

"Nice pants. Do they sell men's pants where you bought those brother?"

CCS

• eclipse
    eclipse

(5) Bring plenty of snacks and toys for the children. You may also bring snacks for yourself to eat during the program, preferably as noisily and messily as possible. Gum is excellent for this.

(6) Take walking breaks whenever you feel like. Disrupt people in the row.

Hhahahaha, I did that as a dub....where I lived though, everyone did! you would see hundreds of people walking about the collesium during the session...it was NOISY in the hallway! I'm not kidding...the brothers with the signs looked annoyed but also couldnt do jack about it, they were outnumbered.

I always had someone's child/baby with me while walking, that was ''the best get out of jail free card! it was great! I'd chat up all the old friends that I hadn't seen since last years convention lol...ahh fond memories of being a non-obedient dub...

hahahha attendants,and their stupid signs...so many people ignored them

and about dress?? are you kidding? where I lived the hot young sisters would wear skin tight skirts and tight blouses with just low enough neck lines to tease the poor brothers....and who wears stockings in JULY???? it's like 30C outside....no sisters wore pantyhose..unless they were like 60+ or prudes. all the young sisters(17yrs - 50yrs) wore open toed sexy slingback shoes/heels with bare tanned legs and pretty toenail polish...

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

On a hot day when its like 30 to 40 degrees outside, I wear a t-shirt and shorts. I'm not going to put my health at risk from sunstroke for a cult that doesn't care about their members.

• juni
    juni

Welcome to the forum iceyestrom (I hope I have that spelled right)!

This is such foolishness! And note in the scanned KM that Atlantis (Nevada) posted that Jehovah will be pleased if you follow this rule. On the flip side of that Jehovah will not be pleased if you wear temperature and occassion appropriate clothing.

What a set up for "do more" and "be more" - no wonder quite a few JWs become clinically depressed. Nothing is ever good enough for their god.

These old farts are nut jobs!! Just cause they don't look good in speedoes!! I think they're moving the fashion back to the 1920's.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit